Post-Game Talk: A nice bounce.back

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
People about to realize what Nurse means to this team...Although im hoping the team can rise up for one game and reduce the damage.
We beat LA the last time he was out

Pathetic suspension when it comes to the spirit of the rule

If AP only gets one game, I low key hack him all game next time whenever I can. I try to injure him and getting away with it

Like I said in the other thread, I think it's a dumb suspension, but it shows nurses ego and how his brain works. He does not have the ability to control his emotions at all

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Crazy he gets a game!!!! Peitro better get 2 games
People underestimate how severe the infraction of stick swinging is. Probably because you never see it any more. That should be a three game suspension for Pietrangelo.

Reactions: AM

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
People about to realize what Nurse means to this team...Although im hoping the team can rise up for one game and reduce the damage.
Had his best game of the playoffs last night. Petro was horrible for Vegas, basically a skating piñata. Still think we get burned on this trade, assuming Petro gets one game. Vegas has the depth to switch sides with some of their D, we don’t have that luxury.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
People underestimate how severe the infraction of stick swinging is. Probably because you never see it any more. That should be a three game suspension for Pietrangelo.
Yes it should.

If he only gets one or a fine, I sacrifice DD lol. "go slash him buddy"

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
NHL Department of Player Safety presents WHEEL OF SUSPENSIONS!!! with your host absolute moron and pretend tough guy himself…..GEORGE PARROS!!!

Today our two contestants are Edmonton Oiler defenceman Doctor Darnell NURSE, whose up for a reversible instigator suspension after being asked to fight by Vegas defenceman Nic “Nose Exploded” Hague ALL GAME LONG!!!!!

Our second contestant is Vegas Golden Karen’s Captain and Lead Whiner, Alex Pietrangelo, who skated 17 miles across the ice with his stick raised to the rafters in order to cleave playoff leading goalscorer AND points leader IN HALF!!!!

What’s the analysis Gary?

Well Bill I feel that Nurse skated in from the blue line to join a scrum common after the whistle because Hague previously challenged him and because that Hague punched Nurse 8 times that Nurse definitely instigated the fight.

Good stuff Gary, and what about our favourite teams Captain, poor Alex Pietrangelo whose been unfairly targeted all series long by the Oilers?

Well Bill, Draisaitl wasn’t injured on the play and we really don’t know Pietrangelos intent, so I feel a $17 fine is sufficient in this case. But in order to deter this from happening again the Oilers should forfeit a draft pick to Calgary. That’s the way I see it Bill.

Good stuff Gary!! Well let’s sit back and see how George Parros rules once he gets your emails!

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
That's for sure - if Pietro doesn't get atleast a 2 game suspension then questions will be arising about why each player got what they got and what the reason would be

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Did you even watch the game?? Or listen to what Stone said? Hague was asking ALL PERIOD to fight Nurse. Even on that faceoff at the f***ing end. Go watch before making assumptions
No one is disputing he was asking for a fight all period. Not the point. The fact that Nurse came charging in in the last minute was EXACTLY what he wanted. He baited Nurse and Darnell lost his mind and took the bait.

Last edited:

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
The trade off from suspending both Nurse and Pietroanglo is not in Oilers favor

Pietroangelo is a injured player and total liability on the ice right now that we feast on, why give him a few days off, Nurse has been very good for us and clearly an intimidator and physical presence in our lineup

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
That's a beer league suspension, not an NHL suspension. Was a fair fight with both guys getting lots of punches in, Nurse didn't throw until he was hit first. Crazy decision, though completely unsurprising.

I'm guessing Petro will get 2, but won't be surprised at all if he gets one. Awful.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
DP should be suspendedthe rest of the series, IMO. The NHL's tack is that there was no injury, so no foul occurred. That's like someone getting off of an attempted murder charge because he's a lousy aim. So, they just keep letting shit like this go until someone is seriously injured, and THEN start providing justice? What a joke league. More joke than it already is.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
No one is disputing he was asking for a fight all period. No the point. The fact that Nurse came charging in in the last minute was EXACTLY what he wanted. Even better than that now that he's been suspended.
This post makes too much sense. It was a decision for Darnell to do what he did and it was not a great choice. Not the first time either, this type of thing with Darnell. Whether one agrees with it or not why open up the possibility of review and suspension?

I wonder if Nurse is even thinking about the 5min rule. I doubt it. But I suspect Drai knew about it and thus telling players NOT to mix it up. I hope the directive came from coach too, but I suspect it didn't.

Reactions: Stoneman89

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Nvm wrong section

this makes it sound like it can be overturned at the request of the player?

Reactions: RipsADrive

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The trade off from suspending both Nurse and Pietroanglo is not in Oilers favor

Pietroangelo is a injured player and total liability on the ice right now that we feast on, why give him a few days off, Nurse has been very good for us and clearly an intimidator and physical presence in our lineup
wouldn't say he has been very good
Pietri in fact has been on the ice more than nurse getting more minutes

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This post makes too much sense. It was a decision for Darnell to do what he did and it was not a great choice. Not the first time either, this type of thing with Darnell. Whether one agrees with it or not why open up the possibility.

I wonder if Nurse is even thinking about the 5min rule. I doubt it. But I suspect Drai knew about it and thus telling players NOT to mix it up.
Exactly. By doing something like that knowing the rule, he opened himself up to an interpretation of it and allowed the officials to make that call. And Woody should have known what a hothead Nurse is and his propensity to do some dumb things at times, and kept him off the ice for the last minute.

Can’t help but notice a certain Campbell booster is awfully quiet today.
Foshizzle?:laugh:

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I think its a bs suspension and not the spirit of the rule. But Nurse makes so many bad decisions. Its even worse when Draisaitl was telling him to not worry about it.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Nvm wrong section

this makes it sound like it can be overturned at the request of the player?

I won't hold onto too much hope but it does seem possible that the automatic suspension was procedural and now we move onto the review phase.

I had assumed that that was all going on in the background in the first place but who knows.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
No one is disputing he was asking for a fight all period. Not the point. The fact that Nurse came charging in in the last minute was EXACTLY what he wanted. He baited Nurse and Darnell lost his mind and took the bait.
True. That's fair. But then why did a fight like this, in the last 5 minutes where one player didn't want to fight, get rescinded?

How do these two decisions make sense?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Exactly. By doing something like that knowing the rule, he opened himself up to an interpretation of it and allowed the officials to make that call. And Woody should have known what a hothead Nurse is and his propensity to do some dumb things at times, and kept him off the ice for the last minute.

Foshizzle?:laugh:
GM, the guy that was not even gonna use his tickets to go to the game because Skinner was starting. He was fedup after game 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad