Post-Game Talk: A nice bounce.back

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Even that they are waiting this long to announce the Pietrangelo suspension should tell you about the warfare this league conducts towards its fans.

Bettman and the NHL are f***ing with you head getting the anticipated and predicted reaction.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
This is why I posted what I thought the pairings would be for next game. You can always assume this league will do the wrong thing

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Ekholm is going to get some big minutes next game, good thing he's a very capable defender and has been playing ~18-20 per game up until now. Hopefully Broberg can handle a bit heavier of a workload as well.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
It has to suck so much playing against Draisaitl. He's better than you, he punishes you with with hits and there's nothing you can do about. Some pretty solid players took runs at him and ended up taking the worst of it.

Woodcroft calls him the "modern day power forward" but he fits the old school power forward to a tee as well.
ESPN broadcast team made a few Forsberg comparisons last game.
Automatic until a review.

As dumb as Pietrangelo's slash was, Nurse's action might be dumber. Won the game, ran them out of the rink, into their best their best dman's head and probably got him suspended for at least a game, and then Nurse selfishly goes after a guy that's apparently pissed him off and picks up an instigator in the last minute. Just dumb. And selfish.

Now, this opens the door for the NHL, in their infinite wisdom, to even things out with a game suspension for each player.
That's what I predicted in the first few pages of this thread.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

jeblers

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
I didn't think it was one of Drai's better games. No shots, one assist, five giveaways, no takeaways, 40% on the dot, letting his man dance around him on the lone Vegas goal, and missing a wide-open net. Two mediocre to poor games in a row. Hopefully the dirty slash has no lingering effects and he gets back on track Friday.
I don't know of another player that puts up this many points that looks slow and a bit disinterested as Draisaitl but that is just how these bigger, wider stature players are. It is an illusion though, Drai is pretty damn fast.

I loved Drai intensity yesterday though. He played hard and checked hard. Yeah he let off of that back check that led to the goal but the first 2 periods yesterday was high compete.

I am also surprised Woodcroft kept McDavid and Draisaitl on seperate lines yesterday. Usually when things are not going right he pairs them together but I thought all 4 lines were going yesterday and I will take that over Draisaitl/McDavid winning the games by themselves.

If all 4 lines are rolling that is a tough team to beat. Keep the talent a bit spread out, stack em when opportunity arises or when a goal or 2 is necessary.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This is the only instance of this call being made. The NHL put the rule in because they didn't want Coke Machines going after star players late in games, and this is the only time it has come up.

Because they DON'T MAKE THIS CALL. They f***ed up, the Refs forgot what time it was in the game and f***ed up. Because of that f*** up, this is a problem for everyone.

Playoff games always have scraps and what not at the end of them, no instigators though, because the Refs usually pay better attention to that.

That call is atrocious on it's face. If you don't want them to fight, and you hear them talking at the faceoff, give them each 10s. That was working well actually.

If this was a situation of Kostin or Desharnais grabbing Eichel or Theodore, I'm TOTALLY fine with the instigator there because that's what it is literally for, but that call last night was idiotic.
Totally disagree. If you have two guys who are already engaged and roughing each other up, and a fight breaks out, that's one thing and happens all the time during the course of games. This was completely different. What Nurse did was the very definition of instigating.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
you're on your own here bud

both wanted to fight
I don't think Hague had much choice when a guy comes flying in swinging. Bad take.

Nurse is an idiot. He knew the rule, but had to selfishly chase after a guy to get his pound of flesh. And now his teammates have to suck it up and play without him. f***ing great.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Totally disagree. If you have two guys who are already engaged and roughing each other up, and a fight breaks out, that's one thing and happens all the time during the course of games. This was completely different. What Nurse did was the very definition of instigating.

Who dropped gloves first
Who threw the first punch

You don't really understand instigating do you

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Looks like Ekholm and Bouchards minutes will be going up next game.

Don't know if they keep Kulak-VD together or move Kulak up with Ceci and go with Broberg-VD as a nightmare pairing.
I think it's an easy decision.

Ekholm-Bouchard (take on heavier minutes)
Broberg-Ceci
Kulak-Desharnais

It's obviously better with Nurse in there but I think Pietrangelo out would hurt Vegas more.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Did you even watch the game?? Or listen to what Stone said? Hague was asking ALL PERIOD to fight Nurse. Even on that faceoff at the f***ing end. Go watch before making assumptions
Calm down. I watched the game and said the second Nurse grabbed Hague he was getting suspended. Nurse could have fought all period. Nurse could have fought at the faceoff. Nurse getting tricked into an instigator in a won game where their best dman was going to be suspended is peak idiocy.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
I don't think Hague had much choice when a guy comes flying in swinging. Bad take.
Yeah and it doesn’t matter how excited he was to go - Nurse entered his space to fight. Don’t have to like it to understand it.

Yeah because that f***er Hague asked him on THAT FACEOFF TO FIGHT
And he took the bait. Didn’t work out so great.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Calm down. I watched the game and said the second Nurse grabbed Hague he was getting suspended. Nurse could have fought all period. Nurse could have fought at the faceoff. Nurse getting tricked into an instigator in a won game where their best dman was going to be suspended is peak idiocy.

So why didn't Pietrangelo get 2 + 5 + 10 for dropping his glove and punching McDavid?

Rule 46 - Fighting 46.1 Fighting – A fight shall be deemed to have occurred when at least one player punches or attempts to punch an opponent repeatedly

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
This is the equation Parros will be using to calculate the # of games Petro will get.

6 games x 0.5 playoffs factor = y

y x 0 Vegas factor = #s of games for Petro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad