A Message To Oiler Fans from Kevin Lowe

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
i'm not kidding myself, no worries there! i just am not convinced that Lowe is as indestructible here as everyone seems to have convinced themselves.

He's held a job since 1998, and the only hint his job ever been in jeopardy was near the end of EIG's term as the ownership group. Cal Nichols not only went to bat for Lowe to get him a new contract, but also considered even a hint of dissent about keeping Lowe around as a betrayal of trust, and promptly sold out the EIG to Katz from the inside.

Katz is very close with Lowe, and reportedly much more loyal to him than anyone in EIG could ever hope to be.

Job. for. Life. That's what Lowe has, especially now that he's handed off the hot seat to his buddies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I haven't seen one tucking apology for how bad this team has been, it's always been excuses. I have not seen Horcoff come out and say I'm sorry I can't perform up to my contract. I haven't seen Krueger once take an ounce of responsibility for the lack of this team readiness.

So if Horcoff did that, what would it do? Make you feel better?

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
i will take his apology at face value. Sometimes people say stupid things, especially when in an emotional state.

I just hope that handing the reins to mact was the right call. Taking them away from tambo certainly was.

qft.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
"Irregardless" (welcome back MacT and your non-words) of what the intent was, its clear Lowe needs to stay out of the spotlight.

I defend this type of mistake because it is so common that perhaps it should be considered a correct word and 'regardless' could still continue being correct along with it.

We all know what is meant by the word so its not like its bad communication per se. And the development of the english language carries on.

Just thinking out loud :yo:

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
Because someone had the balls to ask a real question? A question that Lowe had no answer for what so ever. I applaud MacKinnon for that.

Agree, this is part of the same regime that thought it was "cool" to "flaunt" their presence in Seattle in front of all the great Oiler fans that have supported the hell out of this team :shakehead

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
This is just like the Katz apology. Acting stupidly - showing their real colors - in the heat of the moment and then trying to make up for it. Good for you for trying, but if you weren't an idiot, you wouldn't even need to apologize in the first place. Lowe is an idiot.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Once they have $400 million of tax payer dollars for the shiny new arena, the apologies will sound more like:

"Edmonton, Edmontonians, and 2nd rate fans, Go **** Yourselves. Oh and thanks for money suckers!"

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
You guys deserve so much better. Lowe reminds me of the guys who figure buying a Tap Out hat and an Extreme Couture shirt instantly makes them tougher in an actual fight.

If winning Cups gave you managerial superpowers Wayne Gretzky would've won the Jack Adams every year he coached.

cbear42

Sep 1, 2008
He realized when he said it that it was the wrong thing to say and tried back tracking a bit. It was just worsened by the I know how to win comment.
This apology was a PR necessity, but I do think he honestly regrets separating the fans into groups. True or not, you don't alienate part of your fan base like that.
After this apology I am over his comments, but it does not restore my faith that he right for his position and I still question the hirings.

New dawn

Sep 26, 2012
Nice that he attempted an apology.I think that most are bothered more by his entitlement attitude than anything else.I,for one,think that he has been over his head since he took over the GM job.He didn't have the credentials to start with and his temper,some call it passion,are the last qualities that one would look for in someone in his position.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Suprised he didn't show us all of his Stanley Cup rings. Nice picture of the Rangers in the background, BTW

I glad you picked up on it as well. He wants to kiss ass, but he has a picture of the New York Oilers in the background. Great reminder to our fanbase to when we really started going down hill. This ******* has got to go. Start a petition Lowe must GO! Lowe must GO! Pass it on

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Personally didn't have a big problem with what lowe said but someone wanted me to pass along this message

Last edited by a moderator:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
World class management hey? This time Lowe was able to say something without people asking him tough questions. What an idiot.. again he's embarrassing us.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Everyone is allowed to voice their opinion folks. Any more mention of kool aid or snipes at other users will result in infractions.

Meanashell11

Jan 3, 2003
Greenwich CT
Visit site
You guys deserve so much better. Lowe reminds me of the guys who figure buying a Tap Out hat and an Extreme Couture shirt instantly makes them tougher in an actual fight.

If winning Cups gave you managerial superpowers Wayne Gretzky would've won the Jack Adams every year he coached.

For the record, Gretzky never won near as many cups so..... just saying.:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad