A Message To Oiler Fans from Kevin Lowe

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Apologize for hiring Tambellini. Apologize for not vetoing some of his ****** trades.

No need to apologize for differentiating between STHers and other fans when talking about whose feedback you received. I'd want to hear from people whose money runs the team too. The message board crowd is a little too reactionary and illogical at the best of times.

Give MacT the year. He'll get it done.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
This x100. If people continue to pile on him for what he said at the press conference, then I think it's proof of pettiness and an obvious grudge.

This is something this oiler front office knows all too well.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
The appropriate thing for him to do would be to step down. Not because of this specifically, but for years of incompetence and *******ish behavior.

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
couldn't load the video.

asked for my STH password, but I don't go to enough games to gain access.

Njoy Oilers

Aug 6, 2010
Southern Alberta.
k Lowe appologizing shows that the Oilers are watching what the MSM are Now saying. Perhaps they have someone reading blogs and forums> If so this is a sign that they are interested in fan base reaction. That said, I am willing to roll with whats happening now and over the summer. We as arm chair GM'S seem to always have the answers, but are not in the office where it matters.
I really want to see some size added over the summer, andI think that is what Mac T was alluding to in his acceptance speech.

I'm taking a break till the draft now. :handclap:

cyril*

He never needed to apologize in the first place, but good on Lowe for apologizing to those that may have perceived a slight.

He only needs to apologize for making the playoffs 3 out of 12 seasons he has been in management for this team. In that time, he has been the head honcho for all hockey operation decisions. That is a terrible performance for any business.

Instead, when he gets questioned on it he responds with "I've won 6 Stanley Cups!".

Neilio

Navi-X, Google it
Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
An awkward apology is better than none at all I guess.
I don't think in all honesty that he was trying to segregate two classes of fans, rather two groups that they communicate differently with. The season ticket holders get a luncheon from time if I recall. Maybe a newsletter...

"Irregardless" (welcome back MacT and your non-words) of what the intent was, its clear Lowe needs to stay out of the spotlight.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
As much as I dislike KLowe for his mismanagement of this organization, I do believe his apology was genuine. Awkward and painful for him, but genuine.

The guy is still culpable for every significant mistake this team has made in the last several years (including hiring Tambellini which is clear statement of his ability to judge a general managers skill set).

dogorman

Aug 11, 2005
I agree with some comments saying this wasn't absolutely necessary as what he was trying to say at the press conference was bumbled, misconstrued and ultimately not even relevant but good on him.

Also is it just me or does anyone else picture Lowe reading a prompter like Ron Burgundy? anything you put on that teleprompter he will say. The out takes (and I'm sure there were many) would be hilarious

Thank you oiler fans, I'm Kevin Lowe?

I'm Kevin Lowe, go **** yourselves oiler fans

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i dont disagree that lowe knows what it takes to win stanley cups, i do however question if he has the means to get the right type of people into those situations. I do beleive MacT can, so i still have a glimmer of hope.

ekcut

The Refs shot JFK.
Jul 25, 2007
Edmonton
If anyone was actually offended by the original comments, then you really need to grow a thicker skin. Of course saying that probably offended you too... But i wont apologize!

I LOVE all the media going hard at him though. It's entertaining at least. Twitter was golden last night!
I love all the preplanned tweets that everyone was dying to release as soon as the Oilers fell behind!

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
The PR guy had to stop Lowe from 'accidently' leaving all of his rings 'subtlety' in the background.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
I will be in the minority, but I totally accept his apology. I don't actually believe he has anything to apologize for.

I'd rather have no apology. The truth came out and I'm fine with honesty. He can't un-say it. It's how him and LaForge actually do feel about the fans.

He should have said "I'm sorry you're a bunch of p***ies who've never won a thing in your lives except a free coffee at Tim Hortons." That would have been better than a forced insincere apology. I have a great book by Aaron Sorkin called "I'm Sorry" that explains what was done or said and the half hearted stock apologies after.

As others have mentioned, an apology for all of the mistakes he's made screwing up this team would have been better, or he could have just quit. That would have made everyone's morning.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
Don't kid yourself. Tambo was hired with no interview process because Lowe knew him from team Canada, and he'll survive Mact if he wants to just like he survived the Tambo hire. Accountability and professionalism aren't things that the Oiler's organization pride themselves on anymore, if they ever did.

And yes, it is bad that there is no interview process. When the Oilers draft 1st overall, they spend months doing due diligence for the best available asset. The GM position which is far more important than a single draft pick, should at the very least be given similar scrutiny in an effort to get the best available person for the job.

i'm not kidding myself, no worries there! i just am not convinced that Lowe is as indestructible here as everyone seems to have convinced themselves.

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
Online Edmonton Journal headline story by Staples: "Is Kevin Lowe's apology enough to satisfy outraged Oilers fans?"

* barf *

No shortage of fire-feeding here...

Personally, I'm ok with the McKinnon "call out" and Tychkowski's (sp?) Sun article. Hold them accountable. Let 'em know we're not happy. A round of boos never hurt anybody, and they represent a voice of discontent.

But it's done. Let it go. We all agree it's a short leash, but it's a leash nonetheless.

LegnaRouy

Feb 29, 2012
I was never offended by his comment. But I did have a good time with the fan tier system and hope we can still poke fun out of it whenever we need to voice any displeasure hahaha. I can already picture some fans in the nosebleed sections with some Tiered number system just to poke fun at management.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I will take his apology at face value. Sometimes people say stupid things, especially when in an emotional state.

I just hope that handing the reins to MacT was the right call. Taking them away from Tambo certainly was.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I will take his apology at face value. Sometimes people say stupid things, especially when in an emotional state.

I just hope that handing the reins to MacT was the right call. Taking them away from Tambo certainly was.

My post was going to be very similar to this, so I'll just quote this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad