Confirmed with Link: **A LOOK BACK ** Penguins sign Jack Johnson 5 years 16.25 total (3.25 cap hit)

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Welcome JJ and best of luck. I go back and forth and basically I'm pretty much in the middle of how I view this signing. I will say that I don't mind this deal compared to Hunwick's last season. What I'm hoping to see is someone who is rejuvenated getting away from Torts. Would love to see him stick to Torts. We shall see how he does. Sometimes, as we have seen before, a player just needs a change of scenery.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I honestly wonder if they try this.

Dumo - Schultz
Johnson - Letang
Maatta - Oleksiak

Not unless they’re desperate because Letang is struggling for a prolonged period of time again.

Letang would probably freak out trying to do everything defensively and I hope they’re cautious in how he’s handled next season.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
If Letang finds his game again he can play with whoever (besides Cole.. ) He carried Maatta and Daley in 2016 before Daley got hurt for 30 minutes a night.

Reactions: RizzleMcRib

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Not unless they’re desperate because Letang is struggling for a prolonged period of time again.

Letang would probably freak out trying to do everything defensively and I hope they’re cautious in how he’s handled next season.

Letang had to cover for Dumoulin a ton this season when he was pinching. Letang was used as our 2nd big defensive D throughout the year.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Just tell him every game is a playoff game.

We'll get point-per-game JMFJ that way.

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Feel like most of it's been said. There's a big old risk here but I can see why they've done it. They're making the right noises at least.

I kinda want to see him with Maatta. Maatta's got the brains to adjust to just about anything and the thing he needs most is a speedy physical guy to cover for him. He's probably with Schultz though with Oleksiak with Maatta. As long as they keep his minutes low-ish until he earns them back it's all good.

Welcome aboard and good luck.

Reactions: BillPrep

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
We'd be the first team ever who employs a system where the two defensemen are deeper in the offensive zone than the three forwards.

It's a variation of the 2-3 forecheck, but with the two defensemen being the ones in deep.

"Okay gather round, listen up. We really flipped the script on this league in 2016.

Now.

We are gonna flip it-AGAIN. Defense attacks. Attackers defend.

These sons of bitches won't know what to do. Then we bop-bop-bop score goals on em.

This is playing the right way now.

Let's go, boys!"

-Sullivan 2018

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad