Post-Game Talk: A hockey game will be played tonight vs the Sharks

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Not for me. Time to get ride of it altogether, in my view. The game in europe does just fine without it. If NHL is serious about concussions, CTE, etc, they should get rid of fighting.

I don't watch a lot of overseas leagues, but I was just reading an article a couple weeks ago about how bad it is over there. Guys using sticks, getting hurt, etc.. It could have been completely biased, but I think there is some merit there. Of course if refs honestly took care of stuff it probably would too..

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The more I watch it the more I think he did it intentionally. He even turned just before he hit him to get him with his hip.
I only saw the replay but didn't the shark player have the puck? Oshie checked him but never had the puck. Why was he taking a hit at all?

thelebaron

Feb 25, 2013
san franfrisco
Not for me. Time to get ride of it altogether, in my view. The game in europe does just fine without it. If NHL is serious about concussions, CTE, etc, they should get rid of fighting.
Ive got mixed feelings on this, I mean I got hooked on hockey really from seeing ovechkins physicality and hits, the fights were just icing on the cake but now all I can think is "man those guys are gonna have scrambled eggs for brains later in life" :(

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I don't watch a lot of overseas leagues, but I was just reading an article a couple weeks ago about how bad it is over there. Guys using sticks, getting hurt, etc.. It could have been completely biased, but I think there is some merit there. Of course if refs honestly took care of stuff it probably would too..
As long as you’re reading about effects of fighting, google the recent New York Times article about former Cap Stephen Peat

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
As long as you’re reading about effects of fighting, google the recent New York Times article about former Cap Stephen Peat

Or Muhammad Ali, or any other athletic great who DID NOT self-destruct after head trauma from their sport. Peat is a tragic story, and maybe his fighting is the cause of it all, or maybe it just amplified the person he is.

Reactions: g00n

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

I've seen it, its troubling. I'm not asking for "Slap Shot," I'm just not sold that banning fighting is really going to make hockey safer. And no I don't have the answer....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad