Post-Game Talk: A hockey game will be played tonight vs the Sharks

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Saw the highlights from your game guys. Dirty play by Thornton. He had time and new what he was doing. Refs give guys like him and Getzlaf longer leashes to pull dirty shit because they can score. To bad you didn't have a better fighter to take him on.
Hope Oshie isn't out for long for a cheap shot like that.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Saw the highlights from your game guys. Dirty play by Thornton. He had time and new what he was doing. Refs give guys like him and Getzlaf longer leashes to pull dirty **** because they can score. To bad you didn't have a better fighter to take him on.
Hope Oshie isn't out for long for a cheap shot like that.

well i mean tom wilson knocked him down to the ground with a punch

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I have a new team that I hate in this league.
dirty *******

Thornton and Dillon should be suspended for few games. Dillon with 2 dirty plays in the 3rd. The elbow on Vrana and that vicious slash on Bowey.

Now, the most important thing it's Oshie's health.

Deboer. **** you

Trotz should take Peluso to California in march.

_____

Ovi with a wonderful goal
That 3rd goal was a beauty, and 92 and 8 and 10. And 92 again on the bench.
Gruby had a great game too.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
The Sharks' reaction minus Thorton's was bizzare. The player fighting had no issues but the rest of the team lost their damn mind. What was Meirer(sp?) thinking? Dillion was playing a good hard game but he went full idiot/dirty mode. I'm just glad the refs called it mostly straight up. I've seen too many times teams be scum bags but end up getting the PP advantage. The other team finally has enough of the garbage and the refs not doing anything and get called for standing up for themselves.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This is not new from my end. We had the perfect storm for Holtby to be the hero. The team will never be more talented and playing in front of a Vezina level goalie. And not one time we get to say "Holtby stole that series for us" I just don't think he has it in his head to win it.

That's fine. Everyone wants a cheap goaltender to steal playoff series for the, I guess. Is Grubauer going to do that? Steal series? Or is he just going to be good enough like Holtby has been? And then what? You pay Grubauer more money when the time comes and start the whole thing over. And then nobody wants to play for you because you won't pay your top position. There's a reason #1 goaltenders get paid. It's an investment and you hope it pays off at some point, and you count on having a good, cheap backup who can fill in seamlessly. Trying to make the backup the #1 just t save money is a pipe dream most of the time.

Few teams luck into a cheap guy who can lead them to a Cup.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
its not that surprising. his pattern is to start slow and somewhere in the middle of the season he makes a 20 goals in 20 games like streak. looks to me like the 20 goals in 20 games streak is early this year....or the goal a game streak will be longer than 20 games this season.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The Sharks' reaction minus Thorton's was bizzare. The player fighting had no issues but the rest of the team lost their damn mind. What was Meirer(sp?) thinking? Dillion was playing a good hard game but he went full idiot/dirty mode. I'm just glad the refs called it mostly straight up. I've seen too many times teams be scum bags but end up getting the PP advantage. The other team finally has enough of the garbage and the refs not doing anything and get called for standing up for themselves.

Remember how we used to laugh at Matt Bradley?

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
It's trickling down to their boards, too. Sharks played their way into the box, but keep on blaming those refs guys.
When I got back from the game I read many of their comments. We all gripe at the refs but was surprised at how much they thought the refs had a hidden agenda against them, favoring the Caps. Even after the Thornton and Dillon dirty plays. Imagine that, the Caps as a ref fav o_O Sharks must be the most hated franchise in the NHL :huh:

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I thought the Sharks showed a little more jump and jam after Thornton absorbed Wilson's face-punch. Seems like internally, the team wanted to show one another that they were not going to let that go on without a response - notwithstanding Thornton's willingness to answer for what happened to Oshie. They actually played with a bit more intensity after that, but then Vrana popped in that rebound and it descended into goon-a-rama (no offense to our esteemed moderator).

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
That's fine. Everyone wants a cheap goaltender to steal playoff series for the, I guess. Is Grubauer going to do that? Steal series? Or is he just going to be good enough like Holtby has been? And then what? You pay Grubauer more money when the time comes and start the whole thing over. And then nobody wants to play for you because you won't pay your top position. There's a reason #1 goaltenders get paid. It's an investment and you hope it pays off at some point, and you count on having a good, cheap backup who can fill in seamlessly. Trying to make the backup the #1 just t save money is a pipe dream most of the time.

Few teams luck into a cheap guy who can lead them to a Cup.

Salaries are going up and talent is going down. And going in the same direction expecting a different outcome is a waste of time. We all know you don’t have to have a top five goalie to win a cup. And we have seen many times what our top five goalie does in the playoffs. Moving Holtby is trading from a position of strength. And can help keep a window open or get ready for the next phase.
We don’t have to hold on to every player until the leave or are worth nothing.

Reactions: brachyrynchos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad