Post-Game Talk: A hockey game will be played tonight vs the Sharks

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Obviously I love Ovie getting the breakaway and goal there, but the Caps got lucky that Leblanc couldn't handle the puck. Ovie trying to stickhandle through 4 guys gave the Sharks a 2-on-1 into a clean shot that Leblanc fumbled. If Leblanc doesn't fumble it away, Ovie never gets the counter-punching breakaway.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Obviously I love Ovie getting the breakaway and goal there, but the Caps got lucky that Leblanc couldn't handle the puck. Ovie trying to stickhandle through 4 guys gave the Sharks a 2-on-1 into a clean shot that Leblanc fumbled. If Leblanc doesn't fumble it away, Ovie never gets the counter-punching breakaway.

Burns fumbled the shot. It happens all the time to our D, it's about time that these bounces go in our favour

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
We definitely got lucky. Good thing the Sharks aren't a good scoring team this year.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Carlson hit another post. Does anyone put more shots off the pipe than Carlson?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Burns fumbled the shot. It happens all the time to our D, it's about time that these bounces go in our favour
I'm referring to before that, during the Sharks 2-on-1, where Lebanc fumbled the puck away. It should have been a high grade scoring chance, if not a goal for the Sharks. Lebanc fumbling it led to Burns' possession (where he also fumbled it).

If you can rewind to 13:05 on the game clock you'll see the whole sequence, starting with Ovechkin's turnover.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'm referring to before that, during the Sharks 2-on-1, where Lebanc fumbled the puck away. It should have been a high grade scoring chance, if not a goal for the Sharks. Lebanc fumbling it led to Burns' possession (where he also fumbled it).

If you can rewind to 13:05 on the game clock you'll see the whole sequence, starting with Ovechkin's turnover.

Oh ok, I see. Ovi was too ambitious trying to deke the entire Sharks team, leading to the 2vs1 for the Sharks.
I'd say we've been more opportunistic than the Sharks.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Ya they had a nice view of the goal though. Wondering why Niskanen was so far up ice with the puck behind our goal line.

Because that was a clear of the zone you expect a star player to make 99/100 times? Was not a hard play, yet still botched badly.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Because that was a clear of the zone you expect a star player to make 99/100 times? Was not a hard play, yet still botched badly.
??

Final turnover right before goal was on nisky, not ovie. He tried to make a cute soft little pass to 8, but pushed it too far ahead of him. We didnt need cute. We needed that puck cleared ASAP, first moment possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad