Post-Game Talk: A hockey game will be played tonight vs the Sharks

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Great to see Ovechkin regain some of his stickhandling and explosiveness this season. With that said, you now know he could’ve played like this the last few seasons if he would’ve focused on his fitness.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Great to see Ovechkin regain some of his stickhandling and explosiveness this season. With that said, you now know he could’ve played like this the last few seasons if he would’ve focused on his fitness.

I don't think its fitness. That game in Toronto flipped his switch, not only is he skating harder and faster but he's also more engaged and is handling the puck way better. I think it's an effort thing.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Do you guys realize that the guy he beat on that move was a forward. Burns got caught in the offensive zone. I doubt Ovi would have beat Burns with that move.

Reactions: troyerlaw

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I don't think its fitness. That game in Toronto flipped his switch, not only is he skating harder and faster but he's also more engaged and is handling the puck way better. I think it's an effort thing.

He looks more energetic than at any point in the past 2 years. The coaching staff said that he came to camp in better shape, I think it's paying dividends now.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
His effort has definitely been better. He even made a nice play on a back check in this game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad