GDT: A Dano and Pepe Vacation: Devils @ Flames 4pm MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Jack's and Nico's cases for the Hart and Selke got improved with the time missed not worsened.

Root for no 3 point game tbh which will now happen....

Barkov’s looking like a runaway. McDavid as expected is also probably going to end up squeezing Jack over time

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Barkov’s looking like a runaway. McDavid as expected is also probably going to end up squeezing Jack over time

Yeah, I love McDavid's growth defensively. Very Crosby esque and at around the same age too I think where Sid became a demon defensively.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Yeah, I love McDavid's growth defensively. Very Crosby esque and at around the same age too I think where Sid became a demon defensively.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence his defensive impacts have been so much better the past few years. I imagine if you broke it down the rise coincides with Drai getting moved to his own line. McDavid had good defensive numbers early on in his career. Then got paired with a Kane/Ovi level defensive guy and saw his numbers crater because of it

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
Because I’m guessing that was the plan all along. They like having him on the 4th line and as defensive cover. Back to back, get some rotation and Bastian in the lineup and then put Smith back in against the tougher opponent in EDM.

Could be wrong but that’s my assumption.
If only smith could kill off his own penalties. Edmonton bottom 6 still weak would be nice if we could truly roll 4 lines

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I don’t think it’s a coincidence his defensive impacts have been so much better the past few years. I imagine if you broke it down the rise coincides with Drai getting moved to his own line. McDavid had good defensive numbers early on in his career. Then got paired with a Kane/Ovi level defensive guy and saw his numbers crater because of it

Yeah, I had hockey friends who thought McDavid was a liability but like what more can you do with 2 guys who don't care for defense flanking him on the wings, lol. Always got the MacK rebuttal back as if Landeskog isn't miles better than Kane/Drai at defense...

Reactions: Hisch13r

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
If only smith could kill off his own penalties. Edmonton bottom 6 still weak would be nice if we could truly roll 4 lines
Smith holds his own as a 4th liner. Reads the play pretty well and gets involved and as people have said Bastian is just a guy at this point. Hopefully Smith stays out of the box.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Idk I think them being on pace for 96 pts and a -50 goal differential will hold lol
Last I looked, I think Ovechkin is their leading point scorer, all the while being on pace for career lows in both goals and points.

For the longest time he was the only guy on the team with double digits in points. That's changed a bit in the last couple weeks.

And Kuemper is not having a good season at all. Lindgren has just been okay. I'm not sure how they've won as many games as they have. It's amazing.

Both money puck and the athletic have not wavered all season on having them projected for 81-85 points lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad