GDT: A Dano and Pepe Vacation: Devils @ Flames 4pm MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They're dog shit, those losses were the 2 most anger inducing losses we've had.
It's almost like we're cursed against them and Columbus.

Although we did go 3-1-0 against them (and there was even a SHOOTOUT WIN in there!) last year and 3-0-0 against Columbus, with two big blowout wins over Columbus.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It's almost like we're cursed against them and Columbus.

Although we did go 3-1-0 against them (and there was even a SHOOTOUT WIN in there!) last year and 3-0-0 against Columbus, with two big blowout wins over Columbus.

Yeah, they just don't show up against bad Metro teams this year. Idk why, if they showed up with the same intensity in those WSH/CBJ games like they did in the first Rags game they probably have 6 more points right now.

Reactions: Bleedred

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
We were 0-5-1 in games after trailing after the 1st period.

IMG_0500.jpeg

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Smith holds his own as a 4th liner. Reads the play pretty well and gets involved and as people have said Bastian is just a guy at this point. Hopefully Smith stays out of the box.

I don't think they like Smith at forward. I'd be surprised to see him at forward tomorrow. With Nemec able to kill penalties, that gives them 5 D they're comfortable with killing penalties - Smith is unnecessary.

Reactions: My3Sons

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
Smith holds his own as a 4th liner. Reads the play pretty well and gets involved and as people have said Bastian is just a guy at this point. Hopefully Smith stays out of the box.
Fair enough. I think if smith played there much people would quickly get pissed at his stone hands. He kinda neuters the line like big Mas did

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I don't think they like Smith at forward. I'd be surprised to see him at forward tomorrow. With Nemec able to kill penalties, that gives them 5 D they're comfortable with killing penalties - Smith is unnecessary.
I think they like him there. I don’t mind him there

Fair enough. I think if smith played there much people would quickly get pissed at his stone hands. He kinda neuters the line like big Mas did
I mean Bastian isn’t much better offensively or hands wise and at least Smith moves better and is smart than Geersten was

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I think they like him there. I don’t mind him there

They don't. They never tried it last year. He was back on D at least once in the last few games. It can work in an emergency but they are not leaning on it. He's been okay but clearly has some things he doesn't really know how to do as a forward yet.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
They don't. They never tried it last year. He was back on D at least once in the last few games. It can work in an emergency but they are not leaning on it. He's been okay but clearly has some things he doesn't really know how to do as a forward yet.
Just because they didn’t try it last year doesn’t mean they don’t like it since they’ve tried it this year.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
They lucked out in the first. The slows starts have to stop. Vitek was swimming like he was doing his best Phelps impression and they lucked out Huburdeau couldn't hit the empty net that Vanny while sprawled out and kicking around a shift or two after that Sharangovich goal.

Nice come back, but that is another issue. 9 of their 14 wins have been comebacks. Too many times they've coughed up the first goal and are playing catch up.

Jack was off for a second game in a row. Hopefully he shows up tomorrow. Oilers are on a roll. And Hopefully Schmid is ready too.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Two straight wins without JH86 having to be 1982 Wayne Gretzky and some semblance of NHL defense and goaltending. Haven't felt this good all season about this club as I do now.

Hopefully they can fine a way to merge the offense and the defense because while I do agree these last couple of games were the best I’ve felt about them in quite a while they aren’t going to be a top team without the offense cooking and the defense can’t drop back off when the offense picks it back up

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
They lucked out in the first. The slows starts have to stop. Vitek was swimming like he was doing his best Phelps impression and they lucked out Huburdeau couldn't hit the empty net that Vanny while sprawled out and kicking around a shift or two after that Sharangovich goal.

Nice come back, but that is another issue. 9 of their 14 wins have been comebacks. Too many times they've coughed up the first goal and are playing catch up.

Jack was off for a second game in a row. Hopefully he shows up tomorrow. Oilers are on a roll. And Hopefully Schmid is ready too.

They stunk in the first no question. They showed up after that at least. Jack is due for a slowdown. He isn’t likely to score close to two points per game over the whole season .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad