Value of: A competent backup in Toronto

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The man that will be playing in net Saturday vs Pitt

Is that confirmed?

So, first career game, first taste of the NHL, and Babcock decides NOT to play him on home ice in Toronto with a rested team in front of him.

Nope, his debut will apparently be tomorrow, on the road, on the second night of a back to back.

Because Babs likes playing Andersen on the first night.

Every single time.

No matter what.

So goddamn stubborn. :laugh:

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Sparks has a .953 save % in the AHL, Dubas will likely make a push to try and bring him back.

Funny cause when the Isles pounded the leafs 4-0 last year the excuse all over these boards was 'Sparks sucks, that game didn't count, we played out backup.....' and the like.

Now fan opinion is not GM opinion, but still funny.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I originally clicked to complain about the complete lack of awareness at who Bracco is. But, then I looked up Comtois lol. He would be more valuable.

I hope so. Did you follow last year's WJC? He was the captain. More importantly... I didn't care about his WJC performance and saw him hammer my Condors last AHL playoffs. He's agitator with skill.

The fact that Leafs proposals randomly include him is as crazy as if Ducks fans randomly tossing in Sandin.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Is that confirmed?

So, first career game, first taste of the NHL, and Babcock decides NOT to play him on home ice in Toronto with a rested team in front of him.

Nope, his debut will apparently be tomorrow, on the road, on the second night of a back to back.

Because Babs likes playing Andersen on the first night.

Every single time.

No matter what.

So goddamn stubborn. :laugh:
You would prefer him to have his first game against Boston?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
You would prefer him to have his first game against Boston?

On home ice? In front of supportive fans, and a team that isn't gassed from playing the night before?

Yes.

I mean, who wouldn't? That's just common sense at least to most people except Coach Babcock.

Besides, it's not like Pittsburgh is exactly a desirable matchup either, even without Crosby.

Say Andersen lays a stinker tonight, and the Leafs get blitzed. How high is that confidence level going into Pittsburgh tomorrow, knowing they have a rookie playing his first career game?

Sure, there's a chance he shows up and stops 45 shots to blank Pittsburgh and wow everyone, proving wrong doubters like myself.

But I wouldn't bet on it. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad