OT: 99th Obsequious Banter Thread: The Great One

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
scott-hall-hey-yo.gif

He’s been cheating death for a while now.
Yeah, that's for sure. But still very sad since he was finally clean and seemed to be happy and in a good place. His Mania 10 ladder match with HBK is one of my all time faves.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I liked the Last Kingdom, but also didn't find it particularly memorable despite that fact.
I enjoyed it, but I had trouble remembering who was who based on names. Faces were no problem, but so many of the English had nearly identical aeth’ names to try to remember over the span of 5 spaces out seasons.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Also. Mad props to this lady who decided to protest on Russian national TV yesterday. Hasnt been heard of since

russia-one-employee-war-feat-image.jpg

They found her fyi she's going to "court"

Last edited:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

Germany just ordered 35 F-35's, Finland order 64 F-35's. Over $12 billion from those two deals for Lockheed Martin.

Yea!!! Military industrial complex for the win.... not.

Everything I know about the F-35 and the F-22 are just jet fighters that aren't worth the money. At this point I bet it all comes down to how much electronic warfare equipment the jet has now.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Yea!!! Military industrial complex for the win.... not.

Everything I know about the F-35 and the F-22 are just jet fighters that aren't worth the money. At this point I bet it all comes down to how much electronic warfare equipment the jet has now.

Actually I've read some articles since the start of this war from previous F-35 critics that are actually now saying they may have been wrong about the plane.. The stealth aspect coupled with the long-range firepower is a means to shorten 'delivery' distance while also keeping the fighter far away from a potentially compromised/not-conquered air space from surface-to-air missiles that could target them.

I think it's less about air to air combat and more about a very mobile/agile/stealth missile delivery system. Russia's lost/losing planes because they're sending them over targets and dropping bombs like it's WWII.

I think we'll probably see these aspects of 'long range missile delivery system' revisited in beefier drones that would cost a lot less and also not have a pilot in them though.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Actually I've read some articles since the start of this war from previous F-35 critics that are actually now saying they may have been wrong about the plane.. The stealth aspect coupled with the long-range firepower is a means to shorten 'delivery' distance while also keeping the fighter far away from a potentially compromised/not-conquered air space from surface-to-air missiles that could target them.

I think it's less about air to air combat and more about a very mobile/agile/stealth missile delivery system. Russia's lost/losing planes because they're sending them over targets and dropping bombs like it's WWII.

I think we'll probably see these aspects of 'long range missile delivery system' revisited in beefier drones that would cost a lot less and also not have a pilot in them though.

I would concur about that, if you're still trying to dog fight then you're doing it wrong.

They are basically building computers that can fly.

I'm just annoyed at how much the engineering sector is consumed by the DOD/MIC.

Reactions: Flybynite
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad