Pre-Game Talk: 97 is back. Bear on PP1. Win guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I'm really nervous about this game. The Yotes are only 1 point back on us. We lose this game we are in deep trouble especially since we need to play Vegas not long after. This conference is just too close.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Suspect they gave McDavid the "extra game off" vs Minnesota.

Bob McKenzie was interesting on TSN 1260 this week. Said a quad contusion (was the first time I heard the exact nature of his quad injury) doesn't usually have a 2-3 week timeline and that they were possibly being careful about biomechanical changes to his skating stride that could occur from leg pain.

If that's true, then they've probably been super careful and slow with him as is.

I had the worst thigh contusion my physio had ever seen and only had 30 degrees of range of motion in my leg. Took a month of physio and rehab before I could get back on the ice and when I did there was a significant loss of power in my leg.

Luckily Connor wasn't out that long and was back on the ice a lot sooner. Part of treating it properly though is ensuring there is no calcification of the soft tissue. So it's less about compensation due to pain (although Connor says he wants to be pain free) and more to do with what that pain means relative to proper healing. Certainly biomechanical changes could occur if not treated properly.

At the extreme end of the spectrum treatment wise Lee Fogolin once had a bad thigh contusion and tied his heel to his butt to avoid losing range of motion. The pain threshold to be able do that for the 48 hour inflammation window would be through the roof but he did it and apparently didn't miss a game. This is also not a recommended way to treat a thigh contusion FYI but an interesting anecdote that illustrates that treatment times can vary depending on muscle tissue affected...and that Lee Fogolin is a crazy SOB.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Took a Shoot out for the AVS to score more than 1 on the kings..prob a 4-2 loss tonight imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia