Pre-Game Talk: 97 is back. Bear on PP1. Win guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I love people saying Nurse on the PP was good and we were just whining and being bad for disagreeing.

Looks like the coaching staff want to change it up to, maybe the ones saying he should not be on the PP weren't our to lunch afterall, huh.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I love people saying Nurse on the PP was good and we were just whining and being bad for disagreeing.

Looks like the coaching staff want to change it up to, maybe the ones saying he should not be on the PP weren't our to lunch afterall, huh.

Link one post that said Nurse was good on the PP in the last two games.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
You dress 7 defenseman. Nurse can't effectively play the minutes he's being asked to, and half our forwards can be sat without really impacting the game.
What? So you give the bottom 2 guys 4 minutes each? And continue to feed Nurse his now usual amount? This solves nothing.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016

Winning road trip ahead.

here you guys go again being cocky and l.a and anehaim and vegas will kick our asses if we don't play our best games on the road. It is so funny that everytime you guys so winning road trip or Oilers will win this game that they get their ass kicked . Show other teams respect while still cheering for the Oilers. Because the Oilers are very capable of losing every game on this trip as they are winning 2 out of 3. Show some humility but then again fans will be fans and sound dumb lol

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
here you guys go again being cocky and l.a and anehaim and vegas will kick our asses if we don't play our best games on the road. It is so funny that everytime you guys so winning road trip or Oilers will win this game that they get their ass kicked . Show other teams respect while still cheering for the Oilers. Because the Oilers are very capable of losing every game on this trip as they are winning 2 out of 3. Show some humility but then again fans will be fans and sound dumb lol

How dare he be optimistic about playing the two worst teams in the conference. :rolleyes:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Link one post that said Nurse was good on the PP in the last two games.
Numerous people said we need to give him more time and that he wasn't the problem and because he was playing 27 minutes a night we shouldn't be negative about him at all

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Kevy. Chill out bro. Just having a bit of fun.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
How dare he be optimistic about playing the two worst teams in the conference. :rolleyes:
oh please lol there you go again calling them the worst teams in the nhl lol you will never learn . This l.a. team kicks our ass every time we play in l.a. Standing mean nothing!!! all teams are good and have talent. It is called showing other teams respect and not sounding so stupid because all teams on this road trip can kick our ass. Nothing wrong with being optimistic as i am that they will play well but don't be so cocky as to think it will be anything less than very hard.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

The last game we played in LA was a 5-1 loss.

Any team in the league is good enough to beat any other team with the possible exception of Detroit or Anaheim. Although Detroit managed to beat us too..

I think the message here is the Oilers can and do lay some real bombs against teams they should beat and they still do that.

Fact of the matter is the Oilers need everybody on board to win games. We're not a deep lineup by any means.

Optimism is fine. Thread titles with "guaranteed win" is just poor form.

Reactions: Duke74 and 9GWG9

fresh meat

Nov 29, 2018
Just stop

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
11-1 win. Looking forward to it. Someone wins 1 million with Score and Win.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Does this mean no more Yamo on 1st pp unit?

Call me crazy.. but how about replacing Chiasson with Yamo on the PP? A 5'8 155 pound playing the front of the net lol
One guy is great at puck retrieval while the other guy is only good at standing in front of the net and going on 1 knee to try and tip Drai/Mcdavid passes into the net the obvious choice is the guy who can actually keep possession if it doesn't go in but the Oilers aren't big on obvious choices.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Terry Jones to Tippett. (taking his typical 2minutes to ask a dumb question and stammering all the while)

"Um, aww, well um, how do you think um, connor McDavid feels being half a dozen points back of Drai in the scoring race and the hart trophy and all that. I think I know the answer but I just wanna know um, about that"

Is there a flashing idiot light that comes on each time TJ asks a question? Or is that reserved for Matheson? Could these dinosaurs retire already?

Oh, and Drai is 16pts ahead. Math is hard.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Just gotta think back to McLellan leaving Letestu and Lucic on a league worst PP for 50+ games, refusing to make any adjustment. Maybe wish an adjustment came a little sooner, but very thankful that it is coming.
The 2nd sentence of that tweet makes me think Nurse is going to be back on the top unit tomorrow.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Mcdavid has some work to do if he wants to finish second in the scoring race. Would love to see him and Drai at 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad