Pre-Game Talk: 97 is back. Bear on PP1. Win guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Very happy to hear both of these for tomorrow! I have a feeling McDavid comes back and tears up the league in the last 20+ games. I hope he challenges for most points by end of season.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Good for Tippett to see that Nurse has been dragging that PP down. Bear should be licking his chops at the opportunity.

ytaDqzn.gif

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
If it were up to me, Benson would never have got the call up, and we wouldn't have seen how smart and solid he is. Shows what I know. His whole line had a rough night last night, but I don't think that's on Benson at all.

Having seen what we've seen... I'm actually intrigued by the idea of a line of Benson - McDavid - Yamamoto. Then you can got RNH - Draisaitl - Archibald, who has kind of been like Yamo, and can finish in tight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Panda Bear

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
If it were up to me, Benson would never have got the call up, and we wouldn't have seen how smart and solid he is. Shows what I know. His whole line had a rough night last night, but I don't think that's on Benson at all.

Having seen what we've seen... I'm actually intrigued by the idea of a line of Benson - McDavid - Yamamoto. Then you can got RNH - Draisaitl - Archibald, who has been kind of been like Yamo, and can finish in tight.

I think those combos might work well. Tippet should give it a shot.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Having seen what we've seen... I'm actually intrigued by the idea of a line of Benson - McDavid - Yamamoto. Then you can got RNH - Draisaitl - Archibald, who has kind of been like Yamo, and can finish in tight.
Quite a few people saw it that way. That line was rough all night but Benson was making plays and trying to push the pace but his linemates had an off night so it all led to nothing

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007

Players can elevate their play for a limited time when a key player is out, but they all falter eventually with the extra minutes. Same thing happened to Jones last year when he was thrust into the top pairing with Larsson when everyone got hurt.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Don’t anger the hockey gods with a guaranteed win. There are no easy wins in the NHL

I personally wished they’d give McDavid one extra game off. Dress 7 D. At worst Cave is next door at Bakersfield.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Don’t anger the hockey gods with a guaranteed win. There are no easy wins in the NHL

I personally wished they’d give McDavid one extra game off. Dress 7 D. At worst Cave is next door at Bakersfield.

It was meant to be tongue in cheek funny — chill out Captain Serious! :)

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Yama/Chiasson-Draisaitl-McDavid
RNH-Bear

Excited.gif

Seriously though, while Klef and Neal have been good, the thought of McDavid, Draisaitl, and RNH having two RH shots, one up high and one down low, is as close to perfection as you can get.

I bet Yammo, even at his smallish stature would be a great net front presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad