Pre-Game Talk: 97 is back. Bear on PP1. Win guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
I bet Yammo, even at his smallish stature would be a great net front presence.

It's a weird situation because he's better at tipping pucks than Chiasson, but not even tall enough to screen most NHL goalies.. Not that we have much of a shooting presence at the point anyways, but that could change with Bear tonight though

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
If it were up to me, Benson would never have got the call up, and we wouldn't have seen how smart and solid he is. Shows what I know. His whole line had a rough night last night, but I don't think that's on Benson at all.

Having seen what we've seen... I'm actually intrigued by the idea of a line of Benson - McDavid - Yamamoto. Then you can got RNH - Draisaitl - Archibald, who has kind of been like Yamo, and can finish in tight.
I would keep Archie with McD. Yammo and RNH have something going on on that line.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
any official word on McDavid returning or not?

Nothing confirmed. Media said there’s a practice this morning and we’ll likely hear confirmation after that, but I haven’t heard anything about the practice yet either. Could be a later one due to the late game.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Don’t anger the hockey gods with a guaranteed win. There are no easy wins in the NHL

I personally wished they’d give McDavid one extra game off. Dress 7 D. At worst Cave is next door at Bakersfield.

Suspect they gave McDavid the "extra game off" vs Minnesota.

Bob McKenzie was interesting on TSN 1260 this week. Said a quad contusion (was the first time I heard the exact nature of his quad injury) doesn't usually have a 2-3 week timeline and that they were possibly being careful about biomechanical changes to his skating stride that could occur from leg pain.

If that's true, then they've probably been super careful and slow with him as is.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
'Guaranteed win!" "Lets blow them out!" "Drai with 6 points!"

I swear some of you chaps don't watch this team play the games we have coughed up to suspect teams. Just evaporation from memory.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Blow them out, I’m tired of all these close games.
really? you think it is that easy just to blow out the Kings with nhl players and who kicked our ass with Mcdavid last game in l.a? Hate to break it to you but that team there in l.a. can really beat the crap out of us if we don't play our best. Let us just hope they Oilers play a solid game and and win the game but anyone taking l.a lightly is very delusional

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
'Guaranteed win!" "Lets blow them out!" "Drai with 6 points!"

I swear some of you chaps don't watch this team play the games we have coughed up to suspect teams. Just evaporation from memory.
no such think as suspect teams. Every team in this league has talent and can win on any given night. We should respect all teams and their potential for kicking our ass.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
no such think as suspect teams. Every team in this league has talent and can win on any given night. We should respect all teams and their potential for kicking our ass.

We lost to Detroit who is worse than a suspect team. So yes there are bad teams.

Drai Fi

Sep 17, 2019
really? you think it is that easy just to blow out the Kings with nhl players and who kicked our ass with Mcdavid last game in l.a? Hate to break it to you but that team there in l.a. can really beat the crap out of us if we don't play our best. Let us just hope they Oilers play a solid game and and win the game but anyone taking l.a lightly is very delusional
I think you need to take a break man.

He wasn’t implying that we ARE going to blow them out. He said he’s tired of the close games, therefore he’s saying he WANTS us to blow them out.

Maybe reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
tenor.gif

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
We lost to Detroit who is worse than a suspect team. So yes there are bad teams.
no there is not!! fine line between losing and winning in the nhl if you know anything about hockey. Detroit also beat Boston not long ago. Like i said every team has talent and want to win. You make stupid comments like detroit is worse than a suspect team . Do you even watch hockey?? There is not much difference between losing and winning and a very fine line. But keep thinking that way. lets hope the Oilers don't think that way.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
no there is not!! fine line between losing and winning in the nhl if you know anything about hockey. Detroit also beat Boston not long ago. Like i said every team has talent and want to win. You make stupid comments like detroit is worse than a suspect team . Do you even watch hockey?? There is not much difference between losing and winning and a very fine line. But keep thinking that way. lets hope the Oilers don't think that way.

The only stupid comments are the same crap you regurgitate every 3rd post. Yes, Detroit is garbage. They are the first team in forever to be officially eliminated from playoff contention before the trade deadline. They have 15 wins and have lost 48 times this season. They don't have to talent to keep up with other teams, thus the fact they have lost 3x more than they have won. If other teams play lazy, that will give them the chance to sneak out a victory, other than that there's a reason they are 16 pts behind the next worse team in the league.

Reactions: The Bored Man

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
The only stupid comments are the same crap you regurgitate every 3rd post. Yes, Detroit is garbage. They are the first team in forever to be officially eliminated from playoff contention before the trade deadline. They have 15 wins and have lost 48 times this season. They don't have to talent to keep up with other teams, thus the fact they have lost 3x more than they have won. If other teams play lazy, that will give them the chance to sneak out a victory, other than that there's a reason they are 16 pts behind the next worse team in the league.
wrong lol you have never played a game of hockey in your life lol But keep thinking that lol

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
So with Cave sent down and no forwards being called up that means Connor is 100 % back tonight , right ?

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Agreed.
Regarding Connor...I would be surprised if he doesnt play against the Kings.

I have to say that I am obviously way too old school....every time I see your user name I expect to see this image....

maxresdefault.jpg
You're right on target here. Favorite artist and album. The name is definitely fitting for Connor.

Reactions: guymez

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013

You must realize you say nearly the same thing in every post, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad