Prospect Info: 95th overall (2017): Vancouver selects D Jack Rathbone | Will he sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonystretcher

Oct 25, 2017
Boston is loaded at LD. Seems like a strange fit. Even if Krug leaves they still have 4-5 NHL calibre LD’s. He would be giving himself a much more difficult path to the NHL. I could see him targeting the Rangers.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Rick Dhaliwal just tweeted that as of right now Rathbone has yet to make a decision.

These Harvard educated guys sure think slow for smart people. I went to Sprott Shaw Community College and I would have made a decision by now with all the facts laid out.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Benning to Boner: you can play 20mins a night and get PP time if you sign.

Rathbone signs.

Green plays Boner less than 10mins a night and often sits him in the pressbox.

Boner realizes what’s happening and goes limp in his enthusiasm.

Reactions: Didalee Hed

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Boeser made it work with his brother, father and family.

These guys are ultra competitive and having a chance to play in the nhl is the X factor.

He’s also a smart guy, not hard to see the opening on the left side.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Rick Dhaliwal just tweeted that as of right now Rathbone has yet to make a decision.

These Harvard educated guys sure think slow for smart people. I went to Sprott Shaw Community College and I would have made a decision by now with all the facts laid out.

Slow to make a decision? This is one of the biggest decisions of his life. Why jump at it, wait till the 11th hour and then commit. Hopefully to the Canucks ....

Reactions: Tonystretcher

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Matt Sekeres is not a troll, and has been proven right many times. Just because you don’t like what he’s reporting doesn’t mean he’s wrong.

Hugeee hack! He is good at his job tho in trying to fabricates hits and interest to himself or his show.
His show has been moved around in about 4 different time slots with tsn1040. I would be confident in wagering that that he doesnt last much longer with tsn 1040. Very low ratings.

Anyways, i dont contend that he doesnt have sources or connections in the industry but his Boeser move last week was definitely an effort to gain interest on himself on what has been a slow few covid months for the industry.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
If Benning thinks Rathbone can make the Canucks next year it could be the difference between Rathbone signing or not. It appears Benning can be pretty convincing if he tells a player he sees him making the Canucks. Benning can point to Hughes and Stecher as recent examples of smaller Dmen who showed well at camp and were given opportunities to be on the roster straight away or in Stecher's case almost straight away.

Reactions: Bob Long

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Slow to make a decision? This is one of the biggest decisions of his life. Why jump at it, wait till the 11th hour and then commit. Hopefully to the Canucks ....

Whats going to change in the 11th hours?

I'm a firm believer that once you have all the facts and information, then its time to make a decision.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Benning to Boner: you can play 20mins a night and get PP time if you sign.

Rathbone signs.

Green plays Boner less than 10mins a night and often sits him in the pressbox.

Boner realizes what’s happening and goes limp in his enthusiasm.
Given that the Canucks will have three Calder nominees in a row (assuming Hughes is a slam dunk), I think you can ease off on the Green hate. If Rathbone is good enough, he'll play.

And once he gets going, he'll be rock solid... on the ice, that is...:sarcasm:

Bob Long

May 31, 2018
Climax, SK
Matt Sekeres is not a troll, and has been proven right many times. Just because you don’t like what he’s reporting doesn’t mean he’s wrong.

Sekeres feeds the anger and negativity very often with his takes on things. Is he allowed to do that? sure he is. But don't pretend he isn't troll-adjectent sometimes.

Bob Long

May 31, 2018
Climax, SK
If Benning thinks Rathbone can make the Canucks next year it could be the difference between Rathbone signing or not. It appears Benning can be pretty convincing if he tells a player he sees him making the Canucks. Benning can point to Hughes and Stecher as recent examples of smaller Dmen who showed well at camp and were given opportunities to be on the roster straight away or in Stecher's case almost straight away.

We've seen veterans lose their jobs on this team over the last couple of years, the kids know they can earn a spot on this team.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Given that the Canucks will have three Calder nominees in a row (assuming Hughes is a slam dunk), I think you can ease off on the Green hate. If Rathbone is good enough, he'll play.

And once he gets going, he'll be rock solid... on the ice, that is...:sarcasm:

I think the Canucks are trying to keep a stiff upper lip on Rathbone, just in case he lets them down . . .:sarcasm:

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Whats going to change in the 11th hours?

I'm a firm believer that once you have all the facts and information, then its time to make a decision.
Does he have all the facts? Unknowns are when and if both the Ivy League and AHL resumes play for 20-21 season. As hopeful or confident he may be about making the Canucks roster he has to be prepared to play in the A.

That may be the hold up. As I believe he knows that he needs to play competitive hockey in January at the latest to continue his development.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
This would be huge and just incredible news if we can get him signed by tomorrow and 100% he can make the team and play on the bottom pairing and it would make our left sign with him , Hughes and Edler incredibly strong .

After we get Rathbone signed tho we 100% need to work on rebuilding our defensive depth Because we don’t have much of anything behind Woo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad