Prospect Info: 95th overall (2017): Vancouver selects D Jack Rathbone | Will he sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
If Rathbone can step in and have similar impact to some of the other Harvard Dmen this team will improve leaps and bounds.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Rathbone: So I sign this and fax it right?
Travis Green: "Hey kid, I hope you like Utica"
Rathbone: What did he say?
Benning: He said he will love to have you on his bench
Rathbone: ...

Reactions: y2kcanucks

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
TBF to green he doesn't really have a shitty veteran defenceman that he favours and overplays like he does with forwards (Sutter/Beagle/Louie).

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Hugeee hack! He is good at his job tho in trying to fabricates hits and interest to himself or his show.
His show has been moved around in about 4 different time slots with tsn1040. I would be confident in wagering that that he doesnt last much longer with tsn 1040. Very low ratings.

Anyways, i dont contend that he doesnt have sources or connections in the industry but his Boeser move last week was definitely an effort to gain interest on himself on what has been a slow few covid months for the industry.

Except he doesn't fabricate hits. He reports on the information he receives and has been proven reliable in the past. Just because you don't like reality doesn't mean he's wrong. Just like your bogus claim that his show has very low ratings. Latest ratings book has tough news for Sportsnet 650

If you're going to make something up at least do it on something that isn't so easy to verify. You have zero proof that he was making anything up with that Boeser report.

Sekeres feeds the anger and negativity very often with his takes on things. Is he allowed to do that? sure he is. But don't pretend he isn't troll-adjectent sometimes.

Maybe that's because the situation surrounding the team is largely negative? This is like complaining that a TV reporter isn't being positive enough when covering a story about a building fire.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Whats going to change in the 11th hours?

I'm a firm believer that once you have all the facts and information, then its time to make a decision.

What if we hear that 8 players have covid 19 on the Canucks. What if a bunch of players opt out. What if the Canucks .... etc etc. His situation is not going to improve by signing early. There is literally no disadvantage to him in going early, since I understand he can't get a signing bonus.

Reactions: Jimnastic

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
This would be huge and just incredible news if we can get him signed by tomorrow and 100% he can make the team and play on the bottom pairing and it would make our left sign with him , Hughes and Edler incredibly strong .

After we get Rathbone signed tho we 100% need to work on rebuilding our defensive depth Because we don’t have much of anything behind Woo

Agreed for the most part, though between Woo, Rafferty, Tryamkin (maybe?) and Juolevi we may be able to salvage something. It isn’t as high end as you’d like with the prospects after Hughes (and maybe Rathbone), and Juolevi is a major disappointment there, but it feels like we can at least name multiple defensive prospects who could possibly make the team. I’m not sure the last time we could say that.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
What if we hear that 8 players have covid 19 on the Canucks. What if a bunch of players opt out. What if the Canucks .... etc etc. His situation is not going to improve by signing early. There is literally no disadvantage to him in going early, since I understand he can't get a signing bonus.

Hes ineligible to play until next season even if he signs right now. Not sure what Canuck players getting covid and opting out has anything to do with Rathbone turning pro or not.

Reactions: Seattle Totems

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Hugeee hack! He is good at his job tho in trying to fabricates hits and interest to himself or his show.
His show has been moved around in about 4 different time slots with tsn1040. I would be confident in wagering that that he doesnt last much longer with tsn 1040. Very low ratings.

Anyways, i dont contend that he doesnt have sources or connections in the industry but his Boeser move last week was definitely an effort to gain interest on himself on what has been a slow few covid months for the industry.

You know it’s hilarious:

Reactions: Peter10

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Going to be awesome to have a potential top 4 D prospect signed. I think Rathbone starts the year in Utica and will be called up on injuries, no room on the LD until Edler/Fantenberg are off the books.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
You know it’s hilarious:

A visual representation of this exchange and the current state of @FreeMcdavid

ScornfulFamousBoubou-size_restricted.gif

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
i would trust Thomas Drance 100x out of 100x over a troll like Matt Sekeres

You know that Drance vouched for Sekeres after the Boeser thing blew up?

Said he's s great reporter with good sources, if he's saying something then it's true.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
You know it’s hilarious:

Youre making my point for me,

Sekeres needs the fake news and fake rumors to prey on the market and get the response that he did.
Hack journalism and losing credit by the second, it was enjoyable listening to him squirm and back track about his speculation on Boeser . Im certain he is back tracking because the radio stations is getting a lot of hate mail or calls regarding what Sekeres did, Didnt Dhaliwal get fired or at least in hot water partly because he did an April Fools joke saying Tryamkin signed or something. Sekeres is feeling it tight under the collar for sure.

Cant really blame him tho, obviously it worked and he was able to manipulate and create panic and fear and turn it into ratings. Media Journalism 101.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Feel like he's starting to get a bit over hyped because of all the Brackett stuff (and also how weak our defensive prospects are in general, that he is at the top isn't saying much--though I do still have hope for Woo too)

He could be a decent middling dman who is strong on the powerplay and moving the puck. Still a great asset to have, but nothing game changing

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
You know that Drance vouched for Sekeres after the Boeser thing blew up?

Said he's s great reporter with good sources, if he's saying something then it's true.

They both work for TSN, that doesnt surprise me

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Feel like he's starting to get a bit over hyped because of all the Brackett stuff (and also how weak our defensive prospects are in general, that he is at the top isn't saying much--though I do still have hope for Woo too)

He could be a decent middling dman who is strong on the powerplay and moving the puck. Still a great asset to have, but nothing game changing

If anything I think Rathbone is under-rated since he never made it to the big stages for USA like WJC or anything. His defensive game needs improvement ( much like Quinn's did in Michigan) but Rathbone's skating and thinking are very very good.

If we do end up signing him tho i think that would mean the end for someone like Stecher in being a Canuck for a long time. Tho they play different sides, i dont see the Canucks icing 3 players that are under-sized for the position and well below 6 feet. ( Rathbone, Hughes, Stecher)

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
If anything I think Rathbone is under-rated since he never made it to the big stages for USA like WJC or anything. His defensive game needs improvement ( much like Quinn's did in Michigan) but Rathbone's skating and thinking are very very good.

If we do end up signing him tho i think that would mean the end for someone like Stecher in being a Canuck for a long time. Tho they play different sides, i dont see the Canucks icing 3 players that are under-sized for the position and well below 6 feet. ( Rathbone, Hughes, Stecher)
I would wonder about Rafferty as well. 6 feet, 195, which isn't all that undersized, but another offensive minded defenceman.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
I saw someone post this on Twitter. If Rathbone turns out then it seems that some praise should go to Weisbrod. I know, I know, everyone hates him. Just putting it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad