Prospect Info: 95th overall (2017): Vancouver selects D Jack Rathbone | Will he sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
This is fantastic news, we are in dire need of potential NHL D-men on ELCs to help us get through the next couple of years.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
If he is as ready as reports suggest, he could actually have a good chance at earning a spot next year.

Based on reports coming out, I wouldn't be surprised if Tanev is gone this summer, and I think Stecher has to be gone too; probably not even qualified a la Hutton

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
This is fantastic news, we are in dire need of potential NHL D-men on ELCs to help us get through the next couple of years.

Am I correct in assuming we will get two years of his ELC starting next season? I read that if contracts are signed during this 3 day window, the 1st year of the ELC is burned this season. Is that right?

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Absolutely massive. We arguably just got the best defenceman prospect outside the NHL signed.

Hughes and Rathbone sets us up nicely on the left side.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
"3" year deal. In reality a 2 year deal. Good to get him in the system.

In regards to Juolevi, should have been dealt years ago.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Am I correct in assuming we will get two years of his ELC starting next season? I read that if contracts are signed during this 3 day window, the 1st year of the ELC is burned this season. Is that right?

Yep, it's a 3 year deal that will burn this year, so we get 2 years of ELC which lines up with Eriksson/Beagle/Roussel contract expiry, but also have Boeser/EP/QH to sign before then.

It's worth burning the year vs risking him walking next August, one consequence of him burning the year without playing games is that when he is RFA he will not be eligible to receive an offer sheet or be eligible for arbitration so we'll have a cost controlled asset for at least a couple years after this ELC I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad