OT: 94th Obsequious Banter Thread: Where Ryan Ellis Performs Nightly

(See post #4) Our power is immense. What shall we do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Beef Invictus next time you see a squirrel, if you want to say "Hello," tell him "Moika." If you want to say "Hi," tell him "Moi." When you have finished (pun intended) your nutty business and want to tell him "Goodbye," tell him "Moika." If you are in a hurry and want to say "Bye," tell him "Moi." It's like "Aloha" in Finnish.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
@Beef Invictus next time you see a squirrel, if you want to say "Hello," tell him "Moika." If you want to say "Hi," tell him "Moi." When you have finished (pun intended) your nutty business and want to tell him "Goodbye," tell him "Moika." If you are in a hurry and want to say "Bye," tell him "Moi." It's like "Aloha" in Finnish.

I'll just chainsaw it instead.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
F74A94BF-1610-405F-B7FA-CBE59AD8EFA7.jpeg

Champion

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Someone just beeped at me while I was going 9MPH behind two other cars while driving in the lanes right in front of the shopping center’s store where there’s crosswalks every ten feet.

My favorite play here is to come to a complete stop, hang out the window, and give them a thumbs-down while shaking my head in disapproval.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the forums
Not a poster was posting, not even a BigToe;
Cap's photoshops were hung by the "Upload a File" with care,
In hopes that St. Gritty did what they dared;
The posters were nestled all snug in their reply boxes,
While visions of Martini Head getting fired played in their heads;
And MSE in his wild rag, and BernieParent in his Gritty cap,
Had just settled down after hearing who got clapped,
When out on the forums there arose such a chatter,
DancingPanther sprang from his livestream to see what was the matter.
Away to the Twitter he flew like a flash,
Refreshed all the time with lots of mash.
The news on the BOOBA of the new found news
Gave the luster of good news below,
When, to his eyes the great news should appear,
But one single tweet, and five sweet words,
With concise language and diction, straight to the point,
He knew it a moment it must have been St. Gritty.
More rapid than the Eagles with their QB factory acclaimed,
And he shouted for joy and declared by name;
"Now, Magua!, now, FLYguy3911! now, HollywoodCouturier and Beef!
On, Striiker!, on Starat! on, Jojo and Appleyard!
To the top of the forums! To the top thread!
Now post away! Meme away! Gif away all!"
As the news made its way like a hurricane flies,
When they meet the anti hive mind, with good stats piled to the sky,
So up to the post limit, the thread was filled.
With GIFs, images, joy and St. Gritty too.
And then, on a Twitter live stream, he heard on his phone.
The panic and tapping of all the beat writers.
As he drew his hand, and ready to post,
Down the Twitter feed St. Gritty came with news abound.
He was dressed in all orange, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all covered with news from Hockey Guys;
A bundle of of memes he had flung on his back,
And he looked like a Cap just opening his pack.
His eyes -- how they twinkled! His memes now merry!
His laptops were like roses, their thermals like a cherry!
His outlandish big mouth was drawn up like a bow,
And the beard on his chin was as white as the snow;
The file extension he held tight in his teeth,
And the sheer volume of GIFs encircled his head like a wreath;
He had a scary face and a big round belly,
That shook, when he laughed like a bowlful of jelly.
He was tubby and plump, a right jolly orange thing,
And DancingPanther laughed when he saw him, in spite of himself;
A wink of his googly eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave the confirmation that DancingPanther hand nothing to dread;
He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And filled all the threads; then turned with a jerk.
And laying his finger aside of his nose.
And giving a nod, up the Twitter feed he rose;
He sprang to his sleigh all made with memes, to the posters he gave a whistle,
And away they all posted like a missile.
But he heard him exclaim, ere the news feed forced him out of sight,
Chuck Fletcher was fired, and to all a good night!

Merry Christmas y'all. Another year of this terrible run franchise. Another year of arguments about stats and Hockey Guys.

Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays, my friend! I came around just to read this. <3

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
We took the kids to see sing 2 tonight. Cute movie. Prices for concessions dropped significantly, to the level where I would be willing to go often again.
We stopped going when soda and popcorn was close to $40(I could be way off here, my wife doesn’t remember this ) I paid $24 for popcorn, a large and a regular soda.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Wackos in withdrawal on Christmas Eve.

Valium in everyone’s stocking.
Well, I trust you working today means you won't work NYE? I'd rather that tbh.

I won't have off NYE for another 4 years I think. I'll probably try to switch next year so I can get sloshed with my friends in Philly

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Oh the holiday season. Just got back from family Christmas Eve party and man, my old ass mentally slow uncle completely lost his mind and started snapping at the party.

Anyhow uncle got flagged by my cousin for drinking excessively and snapped when he was denied alcohol.

Started by screaming at the top of his lungs f*** everyone, then told to stop by several family members because their were young kids at the party including my young son, then he took it a step further, getting even louder saying f*** Jesus, then finally saying f*** Santa Claus and stating that he gonna burn all our houses down and f*** everyone in our family that has past away, thats when the party died, everyone became upset and family booted him out of the house for which he won’t be invited back to anymore.

My cousin who house we were at was totally pissed and everyone else were embarrassed to even know that old fool of an uncle we have, my cousin had to explain to his friends that he has mental problems and probably shouldn’t be drinking in the first place but my uncle is old doesn’t take any advice from anyone, doesn’t except help and doesn’t take anything into account except for himself. I hate even being around him at family functions, sad it’s come to that.

He isn’t right in the head and it always the one person in my family that knows how to ruin everyone’s night, also had to explain to my son and the other young kids at the party that he shouldn’t have said that about Santa and that he getting coal for Christmas.

Does anyone else have a family member like this...

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Oh the holiday season. Just got back from family Christmas Eve party and man, my old ass mentally slow uncle completely lost his mind and started snapping at the party.

Anyhow uncle got flagged by my cousin for drinking excessively and snapped when he was denied alcohol.

Started by screaming at the top of his lungs f*** everyone, then told to stop by several family members because their were young kids at the party including my young son, then he took it a step further, getting even louder saying f*** Jesus, then finally saying f*** Santa Claus and stating that he gonna burn all our houses down and f*** everyone in our family that has past away, thats when the party died, everyone became upset and family booted him out of the house for which he won’t be invited back to anymore.

My cousin who house we were at was totally pissed and everyone else were embarrassed to even know that old fool of an uncle we have, my cousin had to explain to his friends that he has mental problems and probably shouldn’t be drinking in the first place but my uncle is old doesn’t take any advice from anyone, doesn’t except help and doesn’t take anything into account except for himself. I hate even being around him at family functions, sad it’s come to that.

He isn’t right in the head and it always the one person in my family that knows how to ruin everyone’s night, also had to explain to my son and the other young kids at the party that he shouldn’t have said that about Santa and that he getting coal for Christmas.

I did, kinda, on the in-law side. Very unpredictable. Odd guy.

Provided my all-time Tgiving moment. For some reason he was at the "kids" table (aka 30s and under) and talking about how he was having trouble handling the modern dating scene. And then this man in his 60s summarizes it all by saying, totally deadpan "you know, bitches be trifling." We were all being supportive and commiserating and he was trying to be one of us so everyone kept a poker face. Until I looked across at his niece and she was staring at me, eyes wide, red faced, and we both immediately had to get up and go outside to lose it.

Dude had a phase where he always answered the phone by blasting an air horn into it because he was sure it would fry the FBI listening equipment.

I am very sorry for your awkwardness. That kind of outburst is almost mythical.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

Everyone has family like this. I’m sorry you had to go through it, but it’s not a unique experience unfortunately.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.

Just one?

My dad is one of seven kids and tonight we had four of them in attendance. One of them wasn't there because he is straight up paranoid insane. One is/was a raging alcoholic and I'm not 100% sure where he currently is. One of them didn't come because she has a daughter who refused to come because two people in attendance are unvaccinated, but they both did test negative this morning. I think that one is at least situationally understandable. Oh, and one of the sisters actually lives at the sister's house we were at. She just won't leave, so although there were four siblings at the house, one of those four is also off the rails.

I am one of four and I only speak to one of the others. Technically the other two are half siblings, but I have talked to one of them twice over the past 10 years because he is a total butthat and the other one recently joined my shit list when she was entirely unreasonable while yelling at one of my employees. I literally had to warn people I worked with (her kid's teachers, the principal of the building, and corresponding supervisors and directors) because at some point she was going to pull the "Well my brother said I can..." and I wanted them to know that she was lying from the start. And her heroine addicted son once robbed my house while I was gone for the weekend.

The one sibling I talk to is literally a convicted felon. No actual jail time, but she plead guilty and essentially ruined her life with her actions.

That doesn't even include my mom's side of the family where she is the sole survivor of three. One of them died due a prescription pain killer addiction and the other committed suicide a few years ago.

At any point, between my siblings and their kids, my parents and their siblings, and my cousins*, there are probably double digit people who could do something insane at any given moment, especially at a family gathers, and just ruin everything.

It absolutely sucks having family members who are embarrassments at just being a functioning human. I have zero fudges to give for people who can't keep it together for at least an hour or two. Instead, those people are dead to me. I go by the rule of "if you aren't at worst having a neutral effect on my life, you're out". The type of person you described would get words once and then never invited again.

And people wonder why I'd quit my job, moved to the beach, and interact with my family as little as possible. We don't get to choose who we're related to, but we can choose how we interact with them. I choose "not".

*I didn't even go into how my cousin has been dating his girlfriend for 5 years and now his dad (my uncle) is dating his girlfriend's mom. And my cousin may or may not be responsible for killing his girlfriend's sister (and his dad's girlfriend's daughter) in a car accident two years ago. That whole situation is a saga by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad