OT: 92nd Obsequious Banter Thread: Where Rick Tocchet is a Hall of Famer

As we journey up the mountain, a group of trolls and gnomes halts us. They say we must follow.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I reluctantly started watching Downton Abbey.

I expected stiff upper English lips and drama I wouldn’t care for. Only the first part materialized. Lots of interesting characters and situations and a level of scheming from all walks of life that has surprised me. Only a few episodes into the first season, but things are definitely looking up.

A total of 6 seasons to get through plus a movie. Hopefully it holds up.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I have it on too, and I swear I was just thinking "Twister really doesn't hold up well at all" lol. Phillip Seymour Hoffman in one of the goofiest and worst roles in the history of world cinema.

There are 100% people like that in the chaser community though. Reed Timmer of Accuweather comes to mind.

Even Cantore can be like that sometimes though he's not really a full-time chaser.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Man, I don’t know about you guys but I totally trust those videos of Peng Shuai put out by the CCP newspaper...

I mean who else during their usual minute conversations mentions “today’s the 20th, Saturday, what does that make tomorrow?” Everyone, right?

How dumb do they think the world is? Then again the world is always too afraid to call them out on their bullshit so I guess it works.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I reluctantly started watching Downton Abbey.

I expected stiff upper English lips and drama I wouldn’t care for. Only the first part materialized. Lots of interesting characters and situations and a level of scheming from all walks of life that has surprised me. Only a few episodes into the first season, but things are definitely looking up.

A total of 6 seasons to get through plus a movie. Hopefully it holds up.
It holds up. The scheming doesn’t end.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Man, I don’t know about you guys but I totally trust those videos of Peng Shuai put out by the CCP newspaper...

I mean who else during their usual minute conversations mentions “today’s the 20th, Saturday, what does that make tomorrow?” Everyone, right?

How dumb do they think the world is? Then again the world is always too afraid to call them out on their bullshit so I guess it works.

This isn't really for the "benefit" of the world, they don't give a shit about that. It's all about feeding excuses for domestic supporters to embrace,.no matter how tenuous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad