Player Discussion #92 Jonathan Drouin

Status
Not open for further replies.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I admit that losing Radulov is going to hurt quite a bit. This would have been a fantastic move if we were able to keep him but you're right that we aren't any better today than we were last year. I'm really hoping MB has a backup plan for all this because it seems we're just spinning tires right now. He's gonna have to get creative or hope that we have surprises at camp.

I think our only hope is for the team to mesh together and ride the chemistry to a good season + playoffs.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
None of those questions apply , since I am not in that category so there is nothing for me to justify. I liked the trade my only nitpick was on adding a pick , which we can disagree on but doesn't change the fact that I wasn't one of the posters that argued that potential mattered with the Sergachev trade since Drouin has imo equivalent potential and is closer to reaching it.

So once again , I repeat can you please provide where I dodged your question? I'm well aware that I can make some extreme claims but I'm not known for not owning up to my arguments.

That's not your only nitpick with the trade though...I'm 95% sure we've debated this trade before, and part of your position was that we traded a blue chip prospect, our only blue chip prospect, for a player who doesn't fill our biggest need (center).

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
That's not your only nitpick with the trade though...I'm 95% sure we've debated this trade before, and part of your position was that we traded a blue chip prospect, our only blue chip prospect, for a player who doesn't fill our biggest need (center).

That was only in the context of not retaining Radulov. Since that was when I was talking about Bergevin summer (Macro) and not the granular Sergachev for Drouin trade (Micro).

Context is quite important.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
That was only in the context of not retaining Radulov. Since that was when I was talking about Bergevin summer (Macro) and not the granular Sergachev for Drouin trade (Micro).

Context is quite important.

It STILL doesn't explain how on one hand...

- you're telling people not to get overly excited about prospects (including Drouin as a prospect strangely enough)

Yet on the other hand...

- you're lamenting the loss of a PROSPECT, for a PROVEN player

This doesn't jive...context is important, but it's irrelevant in the absence of logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad