Player Discussion #92 Jonathan Drouin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Any chance the Habs try him at Center? Is he better at LW or RW?

I think Drouin is better suited at wing.

NB. I don't know about the number (#92) though. It would of been nice if Galchenyuk gave 27 to Drouin (wearing since junior years) and Galchenyuk wear #94 (number he had in juniors).

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Him, Galchenyuk and Lehkonen are the bright spots for next season. I feel like they will at least try him at C if they don't bring one in.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I'm hoping the Habs put he and Galchenyuk together on a line, either with Lehkonen or Gallagher, and then let them figure out how to best line them up. Whether Galchenyuk or Drouin ends up at C is not the point, as long as one of them steps up and can handle it.

I really believe Drouin and Galchenyuk can be a dynamic duo for us going forward if Galchenyuk gets his head right. Drouins playmaking and skating would compliment Galchenyuk beautifully. Give them a Gallagher or a Lehkonen, a guy who can provide a defensive conscience, retrieve pucks and go to the net, and bury the biscuit when they get opportunities, and you have the potential for one of the best young lines in the game.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
If Montreal does not secure a top 6 centre then I have no doubt that they will try Drouin at C. Why not?

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
People were salivating about his potential, until he became a Hab.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Funny thing about JD I remember posting that we would learn to hate him a couple of years ago.

Lord I hope I'm wrong now...

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Small sample, but I think he had 6 points in 6 games as a center last season. He was also more productive as a center in his last season in junior. It would make sense to have a playmaker like him at center, to feed shooters like Galchenyuk or Pacioretty. The only question is : is he responsible enough defensively?

I would definitely try him at center during training camp. I think the Galchenyuk as a center experience has run its course, and I wish Galchenyuk could start the season without wondering where he's gonna play. Start him as a winger, next to Drouin as a center and see if the magic works.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
He should be a really exciting player to watch this year. I'm gonna say 54 points, 18 goals. :sarcasm:

But really I am pretty pumped to watch him. I think he has a fair shot at 60 points this year.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
He will be our best forward this year no doubt about it.

This kid has so much talent, I just hope Julien and him get along and that he gives him all the ice time and pp time in the world.

ChikN

Sep 1, 2010
Montréal
Drouin will be great. Just hope people will be patient if he doesn't come out of the gate guns blazing... I'll wait at least 20 games before having expectations, so I think he'll end up around 50 points and starting year 2 and after, will go for 60+ hopefully.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
I'm hoping the Habs put he and Galchenyuk together on a line, either with Lehkonen or Gallagher, and then let them figure out how to best line them up. Whether Galchenyuk or Drouin ends up at C is not the point, as long as one of them steps up and can handle it.

I really believe Drouin and Galchenyuk can be a dynamic duo for us going forward if Galchenyuk gets his head right. Drouins playmaking and skating would compliment Galchenyuk beautifully. Give them a Gallagher or a Lehkonen, a guy who can provide a defensive conscience, retrieve pucks and go to the net, and bury the biscuit when they get opportunities, and you have the potential for one of the best young lines in the game.

Yeah they would be good together, but then who would Pacioretty play with? Danault and Shaw? I think they will put Drouin and Pacioretty together, and Danault at center... or Drouin at center and Gallagher/Lehkonen at RW. Or maybe Galchenyuk at RW, who knows.

But yeah, I think Pacioretty will play with Drouin. If Radulov had signed, they could have kept the Patch-Danault-Radu line, but it's not happening, and Pacioretty desperately needs a playmaker on his line.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
People were salivating about his potential, until he became a Hab.

Indeed. It's funny how it works across the league.

It's his team now. Let's see what he can do as the 3rd year is when players tend to break out.

And no, I don't think he's a centre. He's like a Pat Kane, it won't matter who the centre is as he'll be creating plays off the rush on the wing. They can cut inside so easily that it's not necessary to start him in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad