OT: 91st Obsequious Banter Thread: Where Silent Lucidity takes on new meaning

We take the candy. Its touch chills to the point of burning. We wander on and face a choice.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
OGC.915b95a142ed11f063abf25aaf686e32

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
MacArthur sucks
I always thought he was the most over rated US Gen in us history. His leadership right after Pearl Harbor was abysmal. His insistence on the invasion of the P.I. was totally ego driven when invading Taiwan would have accomplished the same thing. His dismissal of the casualties taken at Iwo and Okinawa just so he could get the credit for invading Japan was borderline criminal. I don't even want to get into Korea.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I always thought he was the most over rated US Gen in us history. His leadership right after Pearl Harbor was abysmal. His insistence on the invasion of the P.I. was totally ego driven when invading Taiwan would have accomplished the same thing. His dismissal of the casualties taken at Iwo and Okinawa just so he could get the credit for invading Japan was borderline criminal. I don't even want to get into Korea.

He was a political nightmare for the presidents he served under and was pretty much a fascist. Luckily he was too wishy washy to go anywhere with his political aspirations, because had he run for president and succeeded it would have been a nightmare. He had zero respect for the Constitution or Congress. Real authoritarian scumbag. There isn't a lot known about his political hopes, it was mostly kept on the down-low, but the fact that he knew the men who served under him hated his guts and wouldn't vote for him probably did much to discourage him from trying.

He was popular back home due to media fluffing and his own pro-himself propaganda, but not so in the ranks.

Bradley is underrated because he didn't engage in the diva activities of Patton and MacArthur. Just got overshadowed, but spent his entire career being competent and successful.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I know there's a few people on here who have checked my music in the past (and didn't hate it). Well, we just broke our long hiatus with a new single, and the music video actually has a apropos error, where my flyers back pack can be seen.

For anyone interested, its a song about depression, from the point of view of depression; a snake-oil salesman trying to convince you that depression is actually a good thing.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I know there's a few people on here who have checked my music in the past (and didn't hate it). Well, we just broke our long hiatus with a new single, and the music video actually has a apropos error, where my flyers back pack can be seen.

For anyone interested, its a song about depression, from the point of view of depression; a snake-oil salesman trying to convince you that depression is actually a good thing.

I have questions.

HwFrlCj.png

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I've taken the test from outlets multiple times and I've gotten a mix of Ravenclaw and Slytherin.

Didn't know such things were out there. Just did two, Time magazine put me in Ravenclaw but the Wizarding World put me in Gryffindor. Glad I didn't end up in Slytherin.

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I thought I'd be a Ravenclaw. Like I got my pajamas and bedsheets and stuff. But my destiny lies elsewhere.

Hufflepuff Homies.

hufflepuff-harry-potter.gif

Didn't know such things were out there. Just did two, Time magazine put me in Ravenclaw but the Wizarding World pub me in Gryffindor. Glad I didn't end up in Slytherin.

80% of people who get Gryffindor are liars and mock heroes. You're the 20%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad