OT: 91st Obsequious Banter Thread: Where Silent Lucidity takes on new meaning

We take the candy. Its touch chills to the point of burning. We wander on and face a choice.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
EzW0jcr.png

@BigToe would lick the trees limbs clean of black ooze if the tree was Swedish.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I just saw the the original A Nightmare on Elm Street on screen for the first time tonight. I can't remember if I actually saw any of them in the theater when I was younger but 2 was the second adult horror movie I watched (first was Poltergeist but for some odd reason I was ok with it as a little kid except for the face ripping scene). The thrill of watching a Freddy movie like a big boy overrode the realization that the movie was constantly bludgeoning you with homoerotic subtext. After seeing the documentary Scream Queen about the young actor who starred in it, I learned this wasn't a mistake. The director wanted to make an afterschool special about the dangers of homosexuality and decided that his vessel was going to be a Freddy movie. WTF.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I just saw the the original A Nightmare on Elm Street on screen for the first time tonight. I can't remember if I actually saw any of them in the theater when I was younger but 2 was the second adult horror movie I watched (first was Poltergeist but for some odd reason I was ok with it as a little kid except for the face ripping scene). The thrill of watching a Freddy movie like a big boy overrode the realization that the movie was constantly bludgeoning you with homoerotic subtext. After seeing the documentary Scream Queen about the young actor who starred in it, I learned this wasn't a mistake. The director wanted to make an afterschool special about the dangers of homosexuality and decided that his vessel was going to be a Freddy movie. WTF.

I'm watching Motel Hell

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’ve been watching Succession on the recommendation of several of you (just began S2). I’ve worked in the corporate sector for a long time and am used to dealing with individuals who wield a lot of power however, I have seen nothing like the assortment of creepy scum on this show.

I am disliking every one of them equally, which probably means the show is doing its job. I can’t get invested in any of them, they can all get written out of the script for all I care. The show’s pace and the way it’s shot, reminds me of The Office, even if it’s a whole other genre (I hate that word).

It’s not to say that some of these characters don’t remind me of the corporate power-hungry, unscrupulous hacks that I’ve had the displeasure of working with (and I have also acted for big family-controlled corporations), but to see such a wide spectrum is just overkill. I’m not sure I want to finish it.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Oh, I see there is a new poll. And not surprisingly all you idiots are walking straight to your eventual grisly deaths. What do you think that black oozing “candy” is made of? Haven’t you all seen Soylent Green? Didn’t your mothers tell you to never take candy from strangers, let alone creepy talking bone trees?

Fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad