9 Round Mock Draft. Drafting has started but GM's still needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Balej's Dance said:
Actually, that could be both good and bad. One side is Rangers get stuck in situation like BUF. Or they could use one of them as trade bait. With the other picks you have, you'll likely come away with a stud at all three positions. Latendresse, Price, and -. Not bad.

Well at least we can say we are best in the league at something... Goalie prospects...

Tough luck for LA... Price and Rask last all the way down just to get snapped up before they pick.

Last edited:

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Trade:

To Boston:
C Robert Lang (+ 5 Million of remaining 10 Million, 2 year deal paid) and 45th pick.

To Detroit:
27th pick, 34th pick and 89th pick.

Awaiting confirmation.

Feb 24, 2004
I'm looking to move up to the late first round early second round. PM me with offers

leafs4thecup

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Consensus time:

Who to pick for LA.

I say they need a goalie prospect in their system like Alexandre Vincent or Ondrej Pavelec.

I nominate Pavelec.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
monster_bertuzzi said:
Sorry, but Price is a terrible pick for the Rangers...

Wasn't someone I would have ever taken had he not fallen so far. There aren't any guys left that I felt were more then borderline D or forward prospects. Price could be a very valuable #1 goalie. Speaking for myself... I like him more then Rask.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Barnaby said:
Wasn't someone I would have ever taken had he not fallen so far. There aren't any guys left that I felt were more then borderline D or forward prospects. Price could be a very valuable #1 goalie. Speaking for myself... I like him more then Rask.

Montoya? Lunqvist? Blackburn?

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
monster_bertuzzi said:
Montoya? Lunqvist? Blackburn?

Blackburn is done. Neither Montoya or HL have preoven anything in the NHL though I expect one of them will. I just feel Price was the most valuable asset by a decent margin. If Setoguchi hadn't gone a pick early I'd have taken him. I just don't think it's wise to avoid the best goalie in the draft (IMHO), just to take a d-man who at best is a #4 or a forward who is most likely a 3rd liner... believe me... a goalie was the last thing I was lookin for, but sometimes it falls that way.

FREE DENTAL CARE

Mar 20, 2004
TRADE NEWS -- Detroit Redwings/Boston Bruins

Detroit Redwings/Boston Bruins have made the following trade. As follows:

To Boston:
Detroit Redwings Center Robert Lang and 45th pick in 2005 (mock) draft.

To Detroit:
Boston Bruins 27th pick, 34th pick and 89th pick in 2005 (mock) draft.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Los Angeles does not wish to select Frazee. I was never sent a PM after the person before me picked. I only got a PM three hours ago.

The Los Angeles Kings select C Andrew Cogliano

CH Wizard

My second round pick and Erik Cole is avaible.. if ya are interested..PM me.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Newsguyone said:
Jezus, CUP4Wings.
Enough trading all ready.

You think Detroit will not be active on draft day? With about 10-20 Million over a projected salary cap, Detroit will be wheeling and dealing my friend. I am not making any unrealistic deals here either.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Kirk Pedersen said:
The Dallas Stars are pleased to select from Boston College, centre Dan Bertram.

Guys, we need to PM the next GM to let them know its their time to select. Kirk, I did not receive a PM and Legionnaire did not receive one from Barnaby either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad