9 Round Mock Draft. Drafting has started but GM's still needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flytype

Mar 10, 2002
Wilmington, DE
NYR, I just checked my PM and noticed too late your trade proposal. Sorry for the "No Response".

On another note... As this is my first draft here... Is it always this uh... slow? This could go on till opening day!

Flytype

Mar 10, 2002
Wilmington, DE
X-SHARKIE said:
Trade announcement

TO SJ: DET 1st, 18th overall

TO DET: SJ 1st 25th overall, SJ 2nd 45th overall, and SJ 3rd round pick.

With the 18th overall selection the Sharks draft G Tuukka Rask.

OUCH!!! THAT is brutal.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Phoenix doesn't have a GM. I don't know if they need him, but seeing as he dropped this far, I vote for Zagrapan. That'd be a steal at this point IMO.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Flytype said:
Originally Posted by X-SHARKIE
Trade announcement

TO SJ: DET 1st, 18th overall

TO DET: SJ 1st 25th overall, SJ 2nd 45th overall, and SJ 3rd round pick.

With the 18th overall selection the Sharks draft G Tuukka Rask.

OUCH!!! THAT is brutal.

This is a mock draft, if their is a player that you see slipping and want real bad, wouldn't a NHL GM pay what he saw fit to land that player? I would have bee thrilled to pick Rask if I didn't already have a full goaltending stable in the DRW organization.

I think that was a good move by X.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
There are three teams still unpicked. I think it would be far to let the GM's of teams with few picks to have first dibs. The only rule I have with one GM for multiple teams is, you can not trade between your managed teams without a third team involved(and all trades involving two shared GM'ed teams are subject to my void).

Three teams are:
New York Islanders
Philadelphia
Phoenix

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
when my pick it up look at the central scotuing rankings

NJD here

looks at the d for NA and take the top guy left(same on the rebound)

*they have to be over 6'2 feet--under six feet go onto the next guy)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Cup4Wings said:
There are three teams still unpicked. I think it would be far to let the GM's of teams with few picks to have first dibs. The only rule I have with one GM for multiple teams is, you can not trade between your managed teams without a third team involved(and all trades involving two shared GM'ed teams are subject to my void).

Three teams are:
New York Islanders
Philadelphia
Phoenix
"Like mamma always said

one should never play with oneself"(forrest gump after going blind

Never mind you veto

no trading with youself period

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
The Blues can use help in pretty much all areas (except maybe goal), so we will take the BPA here (probably would anyway).

St. Louis is pleased to select winger Devin Setoguchi. The Blues don't have any great gritty scorers in their prospect system, so we hope he can translate his chippy nose-for-the-net attitude to the NHL. Maybe a little undersized, but can grow into his frame.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Just need some time guys. The guys that I was going to pick up went, and now I'm gonna wait just a little bit to see if I get responses quickly for a trade.

If you want the 22nd Im looking for two seconds.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Cup4Wings said:
Hey bud, If you wanted too way in on who Anaheim selected why didn't you sign up to be their GM? :shakehead

This is a mock draft, not the real thing. Why don't you stop being such a a$$! :madfire: If you have somthing to say at least say it politely. :teach:

I didn't see the thread. And if I would've, I definetely would've signed up.

Regardless, all I'm saying is, Pouliot is a terrible pick for Anaheim. If Anaheim's GM picked him over Johnson, I would flip out then too. Especially then, since it's the real thing.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Hercules Rockefeller said:

Regardless, all I'm saying is, Pouliot is a terrible pick for Anaheim. If Anaheim's GM picked him over Johnson, I would flip out then too. Especially then, since it's the real thing.

I really cant understand these type of fan reactions for the life of me. OK, you want to think you know more than a current judge of talent GM. Thats fine. But you cant always predict the future. Who says that Pouliot doesnt become a TOP flight centerman and Johnson becomes a 2nd-3rd pairing banger dman and not the AllStar Number 1? It happens all the time in NHL drafts.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Balej's Dance said:
I really cant understand these type of fan reactions for the life of me. OK, you want to think you know more than a current judge of talent GM. Thats fine. But you cant always predict the future. Who says that Pouliot doesnt become a TOP flight centerman and Johnson becomes a 2nd-3rd pairing banger dman and not the AllStar Number 1? It happens all the time in NHL drafts.

That could happen. But then the guy just gets lucky. Pouliot is a very bad pick by Anaheim because they don't need a center, plain and simple. Would a team like Montreal draft Tukka Rask if he fell to them? Would New Jersey draft Marc Staal? They could, but fans of those teams probably wouldn't like those picks at all. Coincidentally, Anaheim needs defense quite badly. So much that if they picked at #7, they should probably pick Staal(possibly over Kopitar as well). Johnson is their perfect pick, and while I may be critical, and I'm certainly not a fortune-teller, Pouliot, plain and simple, would be a terrible pick.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
That could happen. But then the guy just gets lucky. Pouliot is a very bad pick by Anaheim because they don't need a center, plain and simple. Would a team like Montreal draft Tukka Rask if he fell to them? Would New Jersey draft Marc Staal? They could, but fans of those teams probably wouldn't like those picks at all. Coincidentally, Anaheim needs defense quite badly. So much that if they picked at #7, they should probably pick Staal(possibly over Kopitar as well). Johnson is their perfect pick, and while I may be critical, and I'm certainly not a fortune-teller, Pouliot, plain and simple, would be a terrible pick.

It's not like he took Dan Bertram at that pick. Ducks most likely take Johnson, but maybe they don't like him and think Pouliot is a franchise player. It's not out of the realm of possibility Pouliot goes 2-3. It would be a simple case of BPA if they went that way.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY

It's not too late. I think a few teams are available... Show us how it's done ;)

X-SHARKIE

Flytype said:
what you say is true, but the price for picking 7 places earlier...

Not all that steep of a price.

We trade a late 3rd round pick, and a mid 2nd round pick to move up.

In the process we get a possible Franchise goalie. I have Rask as the 7th best player in this draft!

IMO his upside is huge and with the SHarks not having a bonafide Number one goalie in the prospect system, this IMO was a steal for them.

We still have the 35th overall selection on top of it, so IMO it was a good asking price and one I, and hopefully the Sharks would be willing to pay.

Sharks swung a similar deal to move up six spots from 28 to 22 to Get Kaspar. Why not for a potential #1 goaltender?

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
X-SHARKIE said:
Not all that steep of a price.

We trade a late 3rd round pick, and a mid 2nd round pick to move up.

In the process we get a possible Franchise goalie. I have Rask as the 7th best player in this draft!

IMO his upside is huge and with the SHarks not having a bonafide Number one goalie in the prospect system, this IMO was a steal for them.

We still have the 35th overall selection on top of it, so IMO it was a good asking price and one I, and hopefully the Sharks would be willing to pay.

Sharks swung a similar deal to move up six spots from 28 to 22 to Get Kaspar. Why not for a potential #1 goaltender?

Its not a bad move if you really think Rask is a #1... not too much to give up if you value him that much..

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Rangers and WSH make a trade:

22nd

for

33rd
72nd
185th

*WSH needs bangers as forwards and talented blueliners. If I stayed at 22, Bertram woulda been the pick and it would have made no sense. Even though NYR get the better end of the deal IMO, I chose quantity to fill out WSH prospect pool with heart and soul, grinder, checker, and hitters on offense and defense. Good luck, Barnaby.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Balej's Dance said:
Rangers and WSH make a trade:

22nd

for

33rd
72nd
185th

*WSH needs bangers as forwards and talented blueliners. If I stayed at 22, Bertram woulda been the pick and it would have made no sense. Even though NYR get the better end of the deal IMO, I chose quantity to fill out WSH prospect pool with heart and soul, grinder, checker, and hitters on offense and defense. Good luck, Barnaby.

Confirm, thanks.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
The New York Rangers proudly select G Carey Price of Tri-City. The Rangers only strength is goaltender, but to me Price was the last of the potential top notch players left. BPA - by a decent margin.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Barnaby said:
The New York Rangers proudly select G Carey Price of Tri-City. The Rangers only strength is goaltender, but to me Price was the last of the potential top notch players left. BPA - by a decent margin.

Actually, that could be both good and bad. One side is Rangers get stuck in situation like BUF. Or they could use one of them as trade bait. With the other picks you have, you'll likely come away with a stud at all three positions. Latendresse, Price, and -. Not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad