GDT: #9 | Penguins @ Rangers | 01/30 | 7:00 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Just win an effing road game! Ridiculous
We have the next seven games against teams behind us in the standings...if we can’t come out of this with at least 5 wins, there will be no playoffs in May...might as well toss out a few players at the deadline then who are nearing 30...I’m looking at you, Dumo

Reactions: ownal

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Who knows if pens will still be in competition by then :D

Well you can come into the GDT’s here and make fun of them and complain like the rest of us :laugh:

To be fair we’ll probably be doing that even if they are doing well :laugh:

Reactions: RobRayzor

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Rangers are playing much better than their points totals suggest. Just saying. It is also a road game. No way are we the favorites here. Gonna be pain again.

The past 3 years they played a good game. They are always entertaining to watch... well... the 9 or 10 times I watched them a year.
I just said this, but I have to say it again, posters love to dump on the rags, but they are decently good and far from an easy opponent.

Where I live I get philly/pitt/nyc channels so I watch whatever hockey I can... minus philadelphia of course. They can burn.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Let's hope it's the game in which they pull their head out of their asses and start play hockey ... or maybe they'll just wait February, why ruin a perfect sucking month.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
This makes me........... happy......... I think......

Yeah, happy.
:thumbu:

Lower ceiling but looks a bit safer at the moment. If he gets hot he usually stays that way for a little while so you ride the **** out him if that starts to happen.

Reactions: LOGiK

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Rangers are playing much better than their points totals suggest. Just saying. It is also a road game. No way are we the favorites here. Gonna be pain again.
Yeah, I'm not exactly filling confident about our chances tonight at all either.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017

giphy.gif

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Weber is grateful for Kentucky after watching last game I imagine

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Should be some more tough hard fought games against that young Rangers group. Can we for once not have to be the team trying to come back? I would feel really good about this game if our defense wasn't down so many players. I was impressed with how well Marino-Ceci did that last game in Boston with both playing over 22 minutes and being plus 1 in a game you lost 4-1. That bottom pairing was garbage though and I was expecting that with being 4 defensman done. In fact I was expecting garbage from all but the top pairing so that Marino-Ceci pairing was a pleasant surprise in an other wise bad game.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
stats are the last thing you look at to judge a goalie by. just saying
I don't know how much blame I want to throw at our goaltending, but our structure in front of them is abysmal. Sure Jarry could be better, but I'm not throwing it all on him. Turnovers, poor positioning, and lack of any cohesion defensively are more the reason for those numbers IMO. Obviously the quality of our defense has taken a huge hit. We have at least two guys patrolling our blue line currently that should be looking for AHL games not playing a regular shift here. Also, the teams that have manhandled us are pretty damn good.

Reactions: The Old Master

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I wonder how well Sullivan will “shelter” Weber’s minutes tonight. You know he is playing more than POJ.

I disagree with that. POJ playing with Letang will get his minutes and we already saw that make shift 2nd pairing play over 22 minutes each and be the only plus defensman that last game. So I think Sullivan will rely heavily on the top 4. My guess is Weber plays around 12 minutes.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Is Weber playing tonight and if so is it Ruhwedel-Weber as the 3rd pairing? Still looks pretty bad but I guess any teams 3rd pairing would with 4 defensman out.

I imagine he is unless Church had a good game. I didn’t watch it but I saw an analytical chart which suggests not.

Pens are tweeting about him too so that maybe a tip off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad