GDT: #9 | Penguins @ Rangers | 01/30 | 7:00 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I wonder how well Sullivan will “shelter” Weber’s minutes tonight. You know he is playing more than POJ.

Boy is that not a true hypocrisy of professional coaches, eh? You see it all the time. Guys like Kap or newer NFL players have to sit, but THROW WEBER IN THERE!

Especially for Sully. They abused this guy in 2017. They specifically won the series because Weber had to play. They said "Oh my lord.. that 3rd pairing is so bad we will crush them." And they did.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Boy is that not a true hypocrisy of professional coaches, eh? You see it all the time. Guys like Kap or newer NFL players have to sit, but THROW WEBER IN THERE!

Especially for Sully. They abused this guy in 2017. They specifically won the series because Weber had to play. They said "Oh my lord.. that 3rd pairing is so bad we will crush them." And they did.

Weber trained with Nashville so he’s quite a bit ahead of Kappy in terms of conditioning.

EDIT: it’s also him or Church

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think the conditioning thing is bs. So some might have to do it the old fashion way instead of treadmills and such. Nothing kept you from taking an actual jog. Even JR walked 5 miles a day.

No reason to come in out of shape as an athlete without a health issue.

Reactions: EightyOne

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I think the conditioning thing is bs. So some might have to do it the old fashion way instead of treadmills and such. Nothing kept you from taking an actual jog. Even JR walked 5 miles a day.

My anecdotal evidence when I missed Aussie Rules training is I could do all sorts of training but if it wasn’t actual running then I’d get fatigued real quick in games.

Skating would be a similar thing I’d imagine. Plus Kappy never trained with anyone and then straight into quarantine. Not allowed to leave the house or hotel room if it was that.

Then going straight into games against guys who had the preseason and a few games under their belt.

Anywho if that was the difference of us being good or bad then we are/were in a bad spot

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

I guess 9.5 million a year doesn't get what it used to.

Like a home gym and a personal trainer, say.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
My anecdotal evidence when I missed Aussie Rules training is I could do all sorts of training but if it wasn’t actual running then I’d get fatigued real quick in games.

Skating would be a similar thing I’d imagine. Plus Kappy never trained with anyone and then straight into quarantine. Not allowed to leave the house or hotel room if it was that.

Then going straight into games against guys who had the preseason and a few games under their belt.

Anywho if that was the difference of us being good or bad then we are/were in a bad spot

You don't lose your stamina in a week. I get nothing is like skating unless maybe run up hill, do steps fast (skipping every other step) in reps as strenuously training.

So Kappy didn't take his job seriously enough before the quarantine.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Oh we're talking about Kapanen, now. lol -- this team. Really inspiring confidence with their obvious burning will to succeed.

Man I wish I could get away with like... just saying "f*** it" to learning the songs before I got to the studio! Hell with it... I'll just learn 'em on the spot! You guys are cool with that, yeah? Might only take me a hundred takes or so but ehhhhh I doubt it... I'm GREAT at the guitar! I'll just wing it and it'll come out gold.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
No he hasn't. The Flyers games really helping those with that ridiculous narrative.

iirc he has given up 3 or more goals on all but 4 games since the All Star game

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Oh we're talking about Kapanen, now. lol -- this team. Really inspiring confidence with their obvious burning will to succeed.

Man I wish I could get away with like... just saying "f*** it" to learning the songs before I got to the studio! Hell with it... I'll just learn 'em on the spot! You guys are cool with that, yeah? Might only take me a hundred takes or so but ehhhhh I doubt it... I'm GREAT at the guitar! I'll just wing it and it'll come out gold.
It's called jazz.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
You don't lose your stamina in a week. I get nothing is like skating unless maybe run up hill, do steps fast (skipping every other step) in reps as strenuously training.

So Kappy didn't take his job seriously enough before the quarantine.

Yeah you don’t lose your stamina but you’d lose some game readiness. Also he had no physical contact training at all and training/games are a huge difference on the body.

I guess we aren’t changing our minds :laugh: but that’s my opinion and based somewhat on anecdotal evidence but also makes sense to me too.

Maybe someone who played at a club level can shed some light in relation to hockey

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah you don’t lose your stamina but you’d lose some game readiness. Also he had no physical contact training at all and training/games are a huge difference on the body.

I guess we aren’t changing our minds :laugh: but that’s my opinion and based somewhat on anecdotal evidence but also makes sense to me too.

Maybe someone who played at a club level can shed some light in relation to hockey

Mario came back from a last dose of chemo and played the same day... Not looking for super human efforts, but they shouldn't be starting from scratch from day one, either. Skating is second nature to these guys. Timing? Yes. As you put it, game readiness.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Probably talking with the trainers and him, etc. Yea it was 100% conditioning per Sully
Kapanen looked fine when he was skating on the 4th line to start right away.

Malkin and Kadar used to talk a lot during the off season and do video calls and go over workouts and training. Malkin has been doing that basically since his big knee injury, before the Pens parted ways with Kadar for a Crosby hire. But hey we don't believe that Crosby has any influence on hires, singing, line up shit etc right so just a giant coincidence.

We're really at this point? The Kyle Wellfed excuses and conspiracy theories about being out of shape and fat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad