GDT: 9/7/20 - 8:00PM EDT - #6 New York Islanders vs #2 Tampa Bay [ECF Game 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I can't believe what happened last night. What the hell was that? Either the rest and better ice surface helped us THAT much or Tortorella litetally prepared this team to slaughter the Islanders. If we blow them out again like that I'm going to be left with more questions than answers. I'll be happy but that looked like a Lightning team I have never seen before

I am rarely ever this surprised

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
What an amazing game. The bright spots have already been extensively discussed - so I will bypass. Sergachev, except for the great offensive play that set up McD's goal, had his worst game of the playoffs. He needs to get it together. Relatedly, Sergachev and Hedman need to switch PP roles. Hedman is ON FIRE.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
What an amazing game. The bright spots have already been extensively discussed - so I will bypass. Sergachev, except for the great offensive play that set up McD's goal, had his worst game of the playoffs. He needs to get it together. Relatedly, Sergachev and Hedman need to switch PP roles. Hedman is ON FIRE.

Sergachev needs the bench for a game. I don't care we dropped a snowman on the NYI. He was unacceptable out there. There is no possible way Coburn could have possibly been worse. Those old legs are gonna be fresh as daisies. If the rest of these games are gonna be as tight checking as other NYI games and 2-1 affairs Serg's blunders could very well be the difference. He has done himself no favors these playoffs for getting a big payday.

Sergachev is the Lightning's answer to Jameis Winston. Jaw dropping talent but still doing the same dumb shit after 3 years and wins still coming in spite of him

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I'm justa leaving this here:

1. Cooper's laugh at Vasy's tripping penalty #Priceless (yes, I'm saying something nice about the man besides his well coifed hair)

2. If you live anywhere near me in the Pink Streets of St Pete, I'm so NOT sorry for opening up the front and back side of my house, cheering wildly, ferociously whacking the clappers each goal

yes, each goal :naughty:

yeah NOT sorry :laugh:

THANK YOU for not calling the cops on me, however :clap::laugh:

And you should thank God and whoever else, that I don't have the means to buy the air horn because I think that, mounted on the house, with a pulley down to the pool/living room would be even more hilarious :biglaugh:

#GoBolts #KeepItGoing

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sergachev needs the bench for a game. I don't care we dropped a snowman on the NYI. He was unacceptable out there. There is no possible way Coburn could have possibly been worse. Those old legs are gonna be fresh as daisies. If the rest of these games are gonna be as tight checking as other NYI games and 2-1 affairs Serg's blunders could very well be the difference. He has done himself no favors these playoffs for getting a big payday.

Sergachev is the Lightning's answer to Jameis Winston. Jaw dropping talent but still doing the same dumb shit after 3 years and wins still coming in spite of him

You can't bench a guy like this for a bad game, or even a stretch of bad games. We saw what he can do in the regular season. He'll get to that level, but he's not just gonna permanently be "that guy" without hiccups. He's like 21 still.

YayHockeysBack

Jan 12, 2019
Two completely unrelated thoughts about the game:

1) I'm sick and tired of hearing the media forgive the Islanders because they were so tired. I even heard one NY TV guy complain that the league was unfair to the Isles for making them play so soon after concluding their series with Philly. Sure, the Islanders were tired, but the Lightning earned their rest by dispatching their (President-trophy-winning) opponent in 5 games instead of letting them rally and force two more. You could argue it was the Lightning who "screwed" by the schedule-makers for having to play the Bruins in R2; on paper, these were the two best teams in the east.

2) Cirelli's been given justified grief on this forum in the past two series, but I thought he was really good tonight--back to his old tenaceious forechecking, shadowing, pain-in-the-a$$ self. Johnson continues to be the anchor dragging that line down.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I'm sick and tired of hearing the media forgive the Islanders because they were so tired. I even heard one NY TV guy complain that the league was unfair to the Isles for making them play so soon after concluding their series with Philly.

Same whiners didn't say much about the Monday 5OT game and then an earlier Weds game against CBJ (which we lost)

My question to the media is this:

Why is Vegas given the ENTIRE JW Marriott for their home in EDM, ALONE; also, seems weird that the Sutton Place is a dumpster (according to players from other teams and Yelp/Google) compared to JW Marriott; why the pandering to one team??

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
You can't bench a guy like this for a bad game, or even a stretch of bad games. We saw what he can do in the regular season. He'll get to that level, but he's not just gonna permanently be "that guy" without hiccups. He's like 21 still.

We're in the Playoffs, you can absolutely bench a young kid making dumb mistakes. It's because he's 21 that makes it easier to bench him, it's literally the cup on the line and that's not worth a learning experience.

There is no roster politics for a guy who's on our 3rd pairing and like 10th most important player on this team, if a guy like Coburn can sit, than so can Sergachev, especially if he keeps playing like this. If it gets Hedman on PP1 and balances out the left side with a better defensive player in Coburn with Shattenkirk we probably look better with that option.

Last edited:

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Just re watching now.. Did anyone else see at the 12 min mark of the second period The 2nd line had a good shift started by a great Cirelli takeaway on defence, only to be killed by Killer whiffing on the puck twice in the Ozone LMAO

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Just re watching now.. Did anyone else see at the 12 min mark of the second period The 2nd line had a good shift started by a great Cirelli takeaway on defence, only to be killed by Killer whiffing on the puck twice in the Ozone LMAO
If Killer's regular season had some people doubt if it was a good move to trade him in the offseason, these playoffs are proving that we won't regret trading him. Sad how he and Johnson are playing, they are the only players (Paquette too, most nights) that I'd say are contributing negatively for the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad