GDT: 9/29/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay vs Pittsburgh @ Johnstown, PA [Preseason Game 5]

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It does concern me a bit that most of our starters are playing tonight and haven't looked that great, except for a few exceptions

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The teams need to get better at creating chances though I get that they are ab it rusty still. Like I said, we should consider us lucky that we don't also have to play against Crosby and Kessel becuase we have enough problem keeping these guys out of our zone as it is.

We've had plenty of chances. Their goalie has been stellar.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It does concern me a bit that most of our starters are playing tonight and haven't looked that great, except for a few exceptions

TKO hasn't looked good. I think the Stamkos line has looked pretty sharp, individually, if not as a unit.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

TKO is completely invisible right now except for a few good shifts in the beginning. I don't think I've seen one dangerous chance out of them the whole night.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
In Poulin's defense, he did come in cold.

True but then again, all backups come in cold when they need to releave the starter if they have a bad night or when they get to start after sitting several games, they need to be able to handle that, though in this case since he is new to the organisation it's a bit different I guess. Don't like what we've seen though, I feel that both him and Guds tried to do to much becuase they are battling for the spot so instead of calming down and trusting their hockey instinct which has gotten them this far they made a lot of mistakes.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Drouin Cally and Stammer have looked good together, making some smart plays. TKO has been very unimpressive tonight, hoping they find their magic for when the season starts. Hedmans looked good. Both our goalies have just been meh, while Pittsburghs has played really well. Guds had a few nice saves, this other guy in net now has been a stinker.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm really worried about Johnson early this season. Wrist injuries can be a real problem

His shot looks good. The entire line just doesn't look like it's giving more than 75%, which is understandable.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
TKO hasn't looked good. I think the Stamkos line has looked pretty sharp, individually, if not as a unit.

Stamkos line has gotten better as the game went on, and they started to really heat up after that Malkin goal. TKO has been off tonight. Does coop change things up in the 3rd? I hope not, want to see that Stamkos line continue to build chemistry.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
It's just an exhibition game and thats how they're treating it, i'm not worried, seen some good things.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stamkos line has gotten better as the game went on, and they started to really heat up after that Malkin goal. TKO has been off tonight. Does coop change things up in the 3rd? I hope not, want to see that Stamkos line continue to build chemistry.

I think it's a matter of effort on TKO's part. Which, I think we would get away with, if we could get a save or two.

Part of the magic on that line is how good they are in the corners. None of them seem too interested in that part tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad