GDT: 9/27 Boston Bruins @ Detroit Red Wings 7pm ET - Not on TV or Radio? :(

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Forsberg missed half a playoff and a regular season and came back to score 27 in 20 playoff games (so he didn't miss 1 1/2 year of hockey, but then he also returned to playoff hockey as opposed to regular season hockey). He later centred Gagné and Knuble in Philly. Screw Leino, get those three on the team, and get Gretzky and LaFleur on board while you're at it?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Criticism is not off-base or without merit. The team has shown roster flow by injecting new blood into their defensive corps, but they were forced into rebuilding their defense through college free agent signings because of their bare draft prospect cupboard. The problem is up front on the forward roster and this coach's heavy-handed approach on any semblance of individual creativity from the higher-skilled prospects coming through the pipeline. Goal scorers and playmakers specialize in taking chances and free-lancing at times; this is a coach who seems determined to corral those skills inside his system, and the two don't make a good fit. Spooner, Griffith, Pastrnak could suffer the same fate as those highly-skilled individual talents who went before; if that comes to pass, it's not just because they played with the end of their sticks.

E, I still think Cassidy is a tool, but can't disagree with you here :D

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Forsberg missed half a playoff and a regular season and came back to score 27 in 20 playoff games (so he didn't miss 1 1/2 year of hockey, but then he also returned to playoff hockey as opposed to regular season hockey). He later centred Gagné and Knuble in Philly. Screw Leino, get those three on the team, and get Gretzky and LaFleur on board while you're at it?

Leino could not carry Forsberg's jock.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
So we're not allowed to have opinions on players based on our own experience as fans, our observations of our team coach's tendencies and our own observations in camp?
Absolutely "we" are allowed to have opinions. It would be nice to read well thought out opinions instead of irrational ones once in a while, though.

No GM and no coach has ever made a predictably wrong decision ever.

No, of course not! Never! </sarcasm> Posted opinion however is not equal to reasoned opinion.

For instance, and especially since we're going to go on "the record", this seems to be a reasoned opinion based upon observation:
So if Ville Leino scores, we're looking at a player who is older, has a limited ceiling, and may have just gotten lucky.

No argument there. All salient points open for lots of discussion, although I doubt many will disagree. I don't.

This on the other hand:
So we are worried that Clode will sign him instead of a better option.
Seems like an unreasonable and senseless assumption based on what, a feeling? There's really been not much if any evidence of this, especially in light of the fact that it's Chia that actually does the signing, and the evidence seems to be that it's a consensus opinion and not a unilateral one. There's also the problem with fitting players under the cap. So, "better option" based upon what? Raw performance? Or value based upon salary? Or given cap restrictions (no problem having an opinionated conversation there) he's a better choice than another player?

It doesn't read that way. It reads -- in my opinion -- just as I said: unreasoned and senseless.

And it's not "we", by the way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad