GDT: 9/27 Boston Bruins @ Detroit Red Wings 7pm ET - Not on TV or Radio? :(

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
pretty sad. game 4 and i havent seen a game.
this is a top market team and to not see a game yet is unheard of.

what is nesn+ for??

why csnt they shiw any games?
im sure nobody is watching the red socks now

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Well, to be honest, I'm pretty sure everyone will be watching the Sox this weekend - it's against the Yankees, and they're Jeter's last games.

Maybe NESN didn't want to pay to fly Jack and Brick out to Detroit. And maybe it costs money to actually show video on NESN+ as opposed to the channel placeholder. And maybe competition amongst CSN/Fox/NESN prevents us from getting the (theoretical) away feeds when there's no home feed.

But DETROIT isn't even showing the game! Fox Sports Detroit is showing college football. If we can't get Detroit interested in a (granted, preseason) Original Six matchup, should NHL expansion even be on the horizon?

Can't they just stick up the arena feed for us on the interwebs? We don't even need commentary. I'm sure there are cameramen to tape the game for the coaches. Atfter all, Clode needs video as a visual aide when he's yelling at Spooner for his defensive holes.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Could have sworn the preseason schedule used to say this game was going to be on NESN. It doesn't anymore.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Well, to be honest, I'm pretty sure everyone will be watching the Sox this weekend - it's against the Yankees, and they're Jeter's last games.

Maybe NESN didn't want to pay to fly Jack and Brick out to Detroit. And maybe it costs money to actually show video on NESN+ as opposed to the channel placeholder. And maybe competition amongst CSN/Fox/NESN prevents us from getting the (theoretical) away feeds when there's no home feed.

But DETROIT isn't even showing the game! Fox Sports Detroit is showing college football. If we can't get Detroit interested in a (granted, preseason) Original Six matchup, should NHL expansion even be on the horizon?

Can't they just stick up the arena feed for us on the interwebs? We don't even need commentary. I'm sure there are cameramen to tape the game for the coaches. Atfter all, Clode needs video as a visual aide when he's yelling at Spooner for his defensive holes.

Woah, just because Detroit isn't showing a preseason game on TV doesn't mean that the NHL tough shape. Besides, the college football game would draw a lot better ratings than a preseason NHL game.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
you cats gotta get AppleTV, all your broadcast issues go poof

Not when they aren't being broadcast on ANY network....

And, yeah, I was being hyperbolic...one team's network not carrying a preseason game isn't indicative of league-wide failure. I just really, really can't stand college football for some reason. It's a me-thing. FS-D does have a "plus" station analogous to NESN+, and I get that an away team doesn't want to break out the plus, but at least folks in Detroit could have their folks broadcast it...not that we'd see the game on TV.

Should be interesting to see who gets trimmed after tonight, and the return of the Looch.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The Red Sox are on at 1pm. Bruins play at 7pm. NESN could show both games with no need to open up the plus channel.

There is no reason why the Bruins games and their fans should be getting screwed over like this.

I don't care if it is preseason or not.

I also have AppleTv but don't see how that's going to help me since I live in Boston proper.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Looking like a similar issue to last night's blackout could be on the horizon for the Oct 4 tilt between the Bruins and the Red Wings when they come to Boston. Coverage provided by NHLN-US.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The Red Sox are on at 1pm. Bruins play at 7pm. NESN could show both games with no need to open up the plus channel.

There is no reason why the Bruins games and their fans should be getting screwed over like this.

I don't care if it is preseason or not.

I also have AppleTv but don't see how that's going to help me since I live in Boston proper.

I agree but as long as the Bruins own 20% of the network they will only get 20% of the air time :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Looking like a similar issue to last night's blackout could be on the horizon for the Oct 4 tilt between the Bruins and the Red Wings when they come to Boston. Coverage provided by NHLN-US.

Nope - NHLN and NESN are both carrying the game, so thankfully we'll have coverage for both remaining preseason home games.

In Boston, NHLN will be showing "The Day That Changed The Game: When the Puck Diameter was Increased by 4 millimeters". But you can tune into NESN...unless you have some screwy cable package that gives you NHLN and not NESN.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
9/27 Boston Bruins @ Detroit Red Wings 7pm ET - Not on TV or Radio? :(
How does that differ from last night's game? :(

And just to add insult to injury, I flipped past NHLN, and they said they were showing a rebroadcast of B's@Caps - but what they were actually showing was Rags v. Devils.
Oh well, at least NESN was showing Charlie Moore re-runs.:rant:

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
You can't stream it if there is nobody actually broadcasting the game.

You're honestly telling me NO ONE will be broadcasting this game.. I doubt it. There has to be someone. I got nothing else to do tonight so they need too:rant:

NOT a solution. Crappy adware based sites with choppy video is a sad replacement for hi-def TV.

I watch the game last night on a stream.. no issues whatsoever.. can we share the sites or is that No-No here?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
FWIW NESN doesn't even have the Red Sox today, Fox does. NESN has the BC/CSU game, so they are showing that again at 7 for whatever reason.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
The reason its not on tv or radio is because it costs money to broadcast the game. I doubt advertisers are excited about paying for commercial time on a saturday night nhl preseason game. Not only is hockey in general a poorly rated sport in contrast to the other big 3, a game on saturday night in the preseason won't get any viewers at all outside of the truest of the true fans. Way cheaper for nesn to just put a charlie Moore marathon on and leave jack and brick at home. Same with gosh and beers from 98.5. Sad but thats the reason, saturday night games are black holes, too many potential watchers not home to watch

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
There should be no reason why every pre-season game isn't at the very least streamed online (and made easy to find and access for everyone). The casual fan likely doesn't care, but I guarantee there are enough hardcore's around the globe to make it worthwhile. The single camera or jumbotron set-up you see in the AHL and CHL is fine by me. To have nothing at all available is honestly embarrassing. Especially so for two original six franchises on a Saturday night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad