GDT: 9/19/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina [Preseason Game 2 ]

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If tonight just ends up being the reverse of yesterday, the 'youth v rust' matchup might need a tweak.

Maybe a team of half NHL and half AHL/junior guys one night, and then flip for everyone else the next game seeing as the young guys were driving the pace in Game 1.

Though you only really need an energy line on the rust team that can get them going.

It's almost like teams work out deals with each other to play their vets at home, so the fans get to see a few star players.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He was there. Kind of sums it up.

I don't know. If we're looking at Andreoff as a 4th line/pressbox guy... meh. He didn't stand out for anything bad. He just looks a little vanilla, but willing to engage along the boards.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If tonight just ends up being the reverse of yesterday, the 'youth v rust' matchup might need a tweak.

Maybe a team of half NHL and half AHL/junior guys one night, and then flip for everyone else the next game seeing as the young guys were driving the pace in Game 1.

Though you only really need an energy line on the rust team that can get them going.

You never know what will happen. Brind'Amour summarized it nicely today I thought:

"That's the message we talked about this morning already. I get it. I can see it in practice. There's a little, 'Ah, it's a preseason game,' but we can't have that. We're not afforded that," head coach Rod Brind'Amour said. "We've got a lot to build on and build up to. Tampa is already kind of there. They've established themselves. We haven't."

"Our guys were playing hard. At this time of the year, with the veteran team like that they put out there, I think they were just trying to get through it. You could see they were not the usual pace they play at," Brind'Amour said. "I liked the energy our young guys brought. That's what we're trying to get accomplished."

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I'd like to see Cernak have a good game tonight. Hopefully Masin will settle down compared to last game. Everyone is going to be watching Foote.

Since I'll be at choir practice tonight (sigh) I'll miss most of the game. Someone keep an eye on Sergachev, please. I know everyone will be checking out the prospects, but Sergy is, in essence, the veteran presence for the defense tonight and I'm curious to see how he'll handle not being sheltered with Strålman or Coburn.

Let's go, mostly Baby Bolts!! :D :bolts

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The stream still hasn't gone live yet for anyone else, right?

edit: okay, it's up

Still, don't know who the starting goalie is.
Pasquale.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Gourde still definitely knows how to make friends.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Is this guy pronouncing Pasquale right? Sounds weird.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Our PK some how looks like it regressed from last season. Didn't know there was further down than rock bottom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad