GDT: 9/19/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina [Preseason Game 2 ]

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Seems like it's been a while since we've run with fewer than 8 D though. Unless that changes, Cernak should have a legit shot to crack the roster. And I think you have to wonder if we wouldn't rather Girardi be our D who rotates out. I can't see us pressboxing Coburn just yet, but somebody's gonna have to take the odd night off. So that feels like Girardi to me, which, I think, means Cernak's gonna get a legit shot.

The coaching staff appears to have all but given up on Koekkoek, so I don't know that we're in a hurry to get him into games.
Fully agree with this analysis.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Erne should down where he should be, guy has done nothing at the NHL level to warrant a spot. They re-signed Conacher at the time with intention of him being in the NHL and they kept him up all of last year, don't see anything changing especially with 2 more spots open. My guess is they both stay up for opening night.
I think the forth line will be Erne Paquette Conacher with Andreoff being the healthy scratch until Callahan comes back. I don’t see anyway that Joseph or Volkov make it unless someone in the top 9 gets injured. You don’t keep either up to play 8 minutes a night on the forth line. I really don’t think either are quite ready yet. I feel Stephens (4th line Center) and Cernak are the two that are the most developed and ready for their opportunity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad