GDT: 9/18/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Carolina vs Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 1]

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Joseph gonna make the team boys and girls.

I've been on this train since last year. Admittedly, I have a bias, because he played his junior hockey locally. But still, he has a simple game that translates, and it's a style we need.

If he could just put on 15 pounds, he'd be set.

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I've been on this train since last year. Admittedly, I have a bias, because he played his junior hockey locally. But still, he has a simple game that translates, and it's a style we need.

Him and Cirelli could both use more meat on their bones. Makes me go into maternal mode wanting to feed them massive steaks or pasta or something. :laugh:

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017

Yeah. I think we honestly lack someone who plays like he does. Killorn isn't steady enough to do it and Callahan is just a husk at this point. Erne is a bit more of a banger than Joseph is.

I think he'll fit so well with some skill players just because of plays like his goal. He isn't trying pretty stuff.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah. I think we honestly lack someone who plays like he does. Killorn isn't steady enough to do it and Callahan is just a husk at this point. Erne is a bit more of a banger than Joseph is.

I think he'll fit so well with some skill players just because of plays like his goal. He isn't trying pretty stuff.

Killorn just isn't fast enough, IMO. I love Joseph breaking down the wing. Creates havoc with all that speed. Put him with Johnson and Gourde and we have a well-schemed 3rd line.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Masin does skate well for his size though. Could be a tools/toolbox player for a couple more years.

Edit: My fault guys. I caused that one.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Welp. The only thing I'd call a genuine red flag is the PK looking just as lethargic as last year. Maybe somebody better with Xs and Os can't correct me on this, but I didn't see anything different from last year.

The good news is, our two guys contending for roster spots, Volkov and Joseph, were arguably our two best players. Joseph for sure, Volkov arguably.

Joseph showed off the skillset that I think will land him a full-time job in the NHL. Speed up the wall, goes to the net, good hands, good vision. Looks to me like a guy you can put anywhere. He played Right Wing in junior, if I'm not mistaken, left wing tonight, and that kind of versatility would give us a lot of options in the middle-six.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
It's about what I expected. To say I am not concerned at all would be inaccurate. That damned penalty kill has to improve dramatically. It's way early and the boys will get it straightened out but, damn, it's so aggrevating to watch that PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad