TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

GDT

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING vs CAROLINA HURRICANES
* * * P R E S E A S O N - G A M E # 1 * * *

cut.jpg

7:30 PM - TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18TH 2018
AMALIE ARENA - TAMPA, FLORIDA

RADIO:
AM 970 WFLA > Listen to Newsradio 970 WFLA Live - Tampa Bay's News, Traffic, & Weather | iHeartRadio
Lightning Power Play > Listen to Lightning Power Play Live - Tampa Bay Lightning, Be The Thunder! | iHeartRadio

STREAMS:
Official Tampa Bay Lightning Website (tampa market only)

cut.jpg

- STARTING LINEUPS -

:bolts

90 ALEXANDER VOLKOV - 91 STEVEN STAMKOS - 86 NIKITA KUCHEROV
18 ONDREJ PALAT - 21 BRAYDEN POINT - 15 ANDY ANDREOFF
7 MATHIEU JOSEPH - 9 TYLER JOHNSON - 46 TAYLOR RADDYSH
82 GABRIEL FORTIER - 36 ALEXEY LIPANOV - 47 JONNE TAMMELA

77 VICTOR HEDMAN - 5 DAN GIRARDI
27 RYAN McDONAGH - 6 ANTON STRALMAN
74 DOMINIK MASIN - 55 BRAYDON COBURN

88 ANDREI VASILEVSKIY
1 CONOR INGRAM

:canes

7 PHIL Di GIUSEPPE
15 ALEKSI SAARELA
23 BROCK McGINN
36 PATRICK BROWN
37 ANDREI SVECHNIKOV
42 GREG McKEGG
45 MORGAN GEEKIE
48 JORDAN MARTINOOK
61 CLIFF PU
64 CLARK BISHOP
71 LUCAS WALLMARK
73 VALENTIN ZYKOV

4 HAYDN FLEURY
24 JAKE BEAN
29 ANDREW POTURALSKI
38 JOSH WESLEY
55 ROLAN McKEOWN
57 TREVOR van RIEMSDYK
76 DANIEL RENOUF
84 MICHAL CAJKOVSKY

34 PETR MRAZEK

35 ALEX NEDELJKOVIC

cut.jpg

- STATS -

pos gpgaptsteam/league
86 NIKITA KUCHEROV RW 80 39 61 100 TBL/NHL
91 STEVEN STAMKOS C78275986TBL/NHL
21 BRAYDEN POINT C82323466TBL/NHL
77 VICTOR HEDMAN D77174663TBL/NHL
9 TYLER JOHNSON C81212950TBL/NHL
18 ONDREJ PALATLW 56112435TBL/NHL
27 RYAN McDONAGH D63 4 25 29 NYR, TBL/NHL
5 DAN GIRARDI D7761218TBL/NHL
6 ANTON STRALMAN D 80 4 14 18 TBL/NHL
55 BRAYDON COBURN D 72 1 14 15 TBL/NHL
15 ANDY ANDREOFF LW 45 3 6 9 LAK/NHL
7 MATHIEU JOSEPH LW 70 15 38 53 SYR/AHL
79 ALEXANDER VOLKOV LW 75 23 22 45 SYR/AHL
74 DOMINIK MASIN D 72 9 15 24 SYR/AHL
47 JONNE TAMMELA RW 28 3 3 6 SYR/AHL
46 TAYLOR RADDYSH RW 58 33 50 83ER, SSM/OHL
82 GABRIEL FORTIERLW 66 26 33 59 BCD/QMJHL
36 ALEXEY LIPANOV C 55 14 25 39 BAR, SUD/OHL
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
gsrecordsogaas%team/league
88 ANDREI VASILEVSKIY 64 44-17-3 8 2.62 .920 TBL/NHL
1 CONNOR INGRAM3520-11-242.33.914SYR/AHL
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
- PRESEASON SCHEDULE -

dateopponent arenatimetvscore
September 18thVS Carolina Amalie Arena, Tampa7:30 pmn/a
September 19th@ Carolina PNC Arena, Raleigh7:00 pmn/a
September 21st@ Nashville Bridgestone Arena, Nashville8:00 pmn/a
September 22ndVS Nashville Amalie Arena, Tampa7:00 pmn/a
September 25thVS Florida Amalie Arena, Tampa7:30 pmn/a
September 27thVS Florida
Amway Center, Orlando
7:00 pmSUN / FS-F
September 29th @ Florida BB&T Center, Sunrise 7:00 pm n/a
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
cut.jpg

- QUOTES -

DAN GIRARDI:
"I think it's been a pretty tough first two days of training camp. The guys are working really hard. We're doing a lot of team-oriented stuff right now: defensive zone, breakouts, all things that need to be hammered in right now. Camp last year was a difficult one, and we've carried that same approach into this season's camp. It's been a tough two days. Definitely fun at the end of the day when you're finished and you can take your skates off and start the recovery process."

"I think it's pretty rare to have almost the exact same team come back, obviously minus Chris (Kunitz) and bringing in Andy (Andreoff). The team's the exact same team that we had last season. I've never been a part of something like that in my 12 years in the League, and I think that's something special we can really work with. Guys like J.T. (Miller) and Mac [Ryan McDonagh] are starting fresh from camp and getting into the game plan with everyone else. We're really excited how this year can go. It doesn't matter what we did last year. We had a great year, set season records for the Lightning franchise and all that, but it really means nothing unless we accomplish our ultimate goal. I think this year we're really using that for motivation."

:bolts

LET'S GO BOLTS!

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
...Our lineup tonight wouldn't be half bad in the regular season. Probably better than our 2012 team, and maybe even 2013. I like that top-9.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Aside from Andreoff on the second line, I agree.

Yeah, but actually kind of fits there on that line, style-wise. The more guys who can do Brayden Point's dirty work, the better.

Really like that third line. Joseph is a guy who'll carry the puck into the zone, which Johnson needs. And then Raddysh, from what I've seen, is a guy who makes the best of split second opportunities. I think that line will create chances.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Fair enough. I just don't think he has the legs to hang with Point.

Maybe not in the regular season. Although, to be fair, Point is just as dangerous cycling as on the rush (and Palat is more about cycling), so his speed won't be the same issue. I think he's more just a body for the corner-work.

Either way, I think he's an underdog to make the final roster. But I have no issue with seeing what Point looks like with a bigger body on his wing. That's still an NHL-quality line, even if not optimal for our particular team, which is kind of stacked up front.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Canes line-up announced. For some reason, it looks even worse when you put it into lines. Good news is TVR is playing so we have a chance. :naughty:

Lineup
Zykov-Wallmark-Svechnikov
McGinn-Martinook-Di Giuseppe
Saarela-Bishop-Pu
Geekie-McKegg-Brown

Bean-McKeown
Fleury-van Riemsdyk
Cajkovsky-Renouf

Mrazek
Nedeljkovic

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd like to see our better prospects take this game over. I'm assuming Kuch, Stamkos, and company will more/less take the night off. But we should still be able to take advantage of the talent gap here in these lineups.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Canes line-up announced. For some reason, it looks even worse when you put it into lines. Good news is TVR is playing so we have a chance. :naughty:

Lineup
Zykov-Wallmark-Svechnikov
McGinn-Martinook-Di Giuseppe
Saarela-Bishop-Pu
Geekie-McKegg-Brown

Bean-McKeown
Fleury-van Riemsdyk
Cajkovsky-Renouf

Mrazek
Nedeljkovic
Confirmed Top 3 advanced beast TVR. Doomed...

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
If Volkov can make the team out of camp, I think it really balances our top 9. I could see opening day lineups of:

Volkov(Palat)-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat(Volkov)-Point-Miller
Killorn-Johnson-Gourde
Erne-Paquette-Joseph

Feel like we're pretty weak right now at LW and Killorn is usually a spot higher than he really needs to be. Volkov could honestly slot anywhere in lines 1-3 on the wing and there's enough skill on those lines to compliment him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If Volkov can make the team out of camp, I think it really balances our top 9. I could see opening day lineups of:

Killorn-Johnson-Gourde
Erne-Paquette-Joseph

Feel like we're pretty weak right now at LW and Killorn is usually a spot higher than he really needs to be. Volkov could honestly slot anywhere in lines 1-3 on the wing and there's enough skill on those lines to compliment him.

I really like swapping Killorn and Joseph. I know that's a lot of money to put on the 4th line (not that we don't regularly do that), but the speed and tenacity of Joseph-Johnson-Gourde could be pretty awesome, especially if Joseph's zone entries translate as seamlessly to the NHL as I suspect they will.

My only concern about that kid is how tough it seems to be for him to fill out his frame, given how much of his game is spent along the boards. Ectomorph to the extreme.

Can anybody comment on whether or not he's gained mass from last year?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Killorn-Johnson-Gourde
Erne-Paquette-Joseph

No love for Cirelli? Well if Volkov beats him out in camp I guess he should be the one to make the team.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I really like swapping Killorn and Joseph. I know that's a lot of money to put on the 4th line (not that we don't regularly do that), but the speed and tenacity of Joseph-Johnson-Gourde could be pretty awesome, especially if Joseph's zone entries translate as seamlessly to the NHL as I suspect they will.

My only concern about that kid is how tough it seems to be for him to fill out his frame, given how much of his game is spent along the boards. Ectomorph to the extreme.

Can anybody comment on whether or not he's gained mass from last year?
Killorn probably fits better on a 4th line at this point, anyway. That would be a real nice line. I think Joseph and Gourde will hound the puck and TJ would be the finisher.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Killorn probably fits better on a 4th line at this point, anyway. That would be a real nice line. I think Joseph and Gourde will hound the puck and TJ would be the finisher.

And Gourde will eat up garbage goals. I like the idea of that line, especially as a third line. It'll probably be a while before Joseph's skill comes through at the NHL level, but I really think his speed up the wall will be too beneficial for us to leave him off the team. And we know how good Gourde is at extending possession time with pure tenacity. Johnson, at one point in his career, was good at that too. All three guys have a good mix of speed and skill, but each do a slightly different thing.

It's so easy to get excited about this team. Some of the prospects could go a long way to filling what few holes we have in the lineup.

50+ ES goals from the 3rd line is no joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad