GDT: 9/18/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Carolina vs Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 1]

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
To be perfectly fair to the Lightning they look like they are just trying to shake off rust and not over excert themselves. Not to say that they are throwing it but that I feel like it's worth more to the Canes who are in their first game with a new coach and are gonna go game 7 effort on us all night.

I could be wrong and if I am then let's hope we see better out of us as time goes by

I hope you're right. Certainly can't get much worse. :P

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
To be perfectly fair to the Lightning they look like they are just trying to shake off rust and not over excert themselves. Not to say that they are throwing it but that I feel like it's worth more to the Canes who are in their first game with a new coach and are gonna go game 7 effort on us all night.

I could be wrong and if I am then let's hope we see better out of us as time goes by
CAR 's lineup is almost all prospects (only 3/4 NHLers), so they are all skating for a spot on the team...

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'll give Masin the benefit of the doubt that he's trying too hard. Sergachev was guilty of that at first too. Lipanov, yeah he's still not ready. We could be looking at a few years with him

I've never been convinced Lipanov will play for us.

Agreed on Masin. Just trying to make an impression and not letting the game come to him.

We're probably seeing the downside of icing vets in Preseason Game 1. They're all rusty and not overly concerned about it, and you can't blame them.

Volkov and Joseph look on the verge of an NHL job.

The other prospects look a little further off.

Not sure what to make of Andreoff. Kind of vanilla, but does some good things. Kind of like a Killorn with no hands whatsoever.

Reactions: Hockey4Life91

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

I think it's clearly this. Hedman has had a chance to bury some guys at times and hasn't. He softly lifted a clearing pass into the neutral zone, etc.. This is a bunch of youngsters trying to earn a spot and skating hard vs. some vets that are just shaking the rust off and trying not to get hurt.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I've never been convinced Lipanov will play for us.

Agreed on Masin. Just trying to make an impression and not letting the game come to him.

We're probably seeing the downside of icing vets in Preseason Game 1. They're all rusty and not overly concerned about it, and you can't blame them.

Volkov and Joseph look on the verge of an NHL job.

The other prospects look a little further off.

Not sure what to make of Andreoff. Kind of vanilla, but does some good things. Kind of like a Killorn with no hands whatsoever.

On Andreoff I think he's better served in Syracuse. At first glance Joseph looks better and Volkov is impressing again. There's no sense in taking a vet on a team like this when you have a skilled young talent instead

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
On Andreoff I think he's better served in Syracuse. At first glance Joseph looks better and Volkov is impressing again. There's no sense in taking a vet on a team like this when you have a skilled young talent instead

It's an interesting year. We can't even really pinpoint how many spots are available.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's an interesting year. We can't even really pinpoint how many spots are available.
Off the top of my head Kunitz and Callahans spots are there to be taken. Any two of Joseph, Volkov, Erne and Conacher are probably the prime suspects to win the jobs. Outside of that I guess I could stand to be pleasantly surprised

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Off the top of my head Kunitz and Callahans spots are there to be taken. Any two of Joseph, Volkov, Erne and Conacher are probably the prime suspects to win the jobs. Outside of that I guess I could stand to be pleasantly surprised

I think three of those jobs will go to somebody else for the first of the year. I think we keep Erne, for risk of losing him to waivers.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
LOL, that wasn't a penalty. That was Joseph still being a little on the weak side for his frame.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Woo! Joseph! We need somebody who'll do that on the PP. Go to the net with your stick down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad