GDT: #9 - 02/05/2013 | New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
I'm very, very excited for this game.

A win here would provide me with joy not only for the Rangers winning, but because Devils fans hate nothing more than losing to the Rangers. It hurts them.

And I want that so very, very badly.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I'm very, very excited for this game.

A win here would provide me with joy not only for the Rangers winning, but because Devils fans hate nothing more than losing to the Rangers. It hurts them.

And I want that so very, very badly.

double edged sword, bro. Emotions are a *****.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
double edged sword, bro. Emotions are a *****.

But they're weighted in my favor.

I don't like the Devils, but I don't hate them near as much as Devils fans hate the Rangers. We lose to the Devils, I'm more unhappy that the Rangers lost than who it was to, with the only added negative being the happy Devils fans.

Devils lose to the Rangers? They ****ing hate that. I often think they hate the Rangers more than they like the Devils. I imagine every loss has to feel like having a prostate exam conducted with a red hot cattle-prod covered in barbed wire, rotating to the tempo a "Marty" chant, while Henrik Lundqvist's piercing gaze looks down at you, passing judgement.

Disclaimer: Does not apply to all Devils fans. You know who you are.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL

I don't like the Devils, but I don't hate them near as much as Devils fans hate the Rangers. We lose to the Devils, I'm more unhappy that the Rangers lost than who it was to, with the only added negative being the happy Devils fans.

Devils lose to the Rangers? They ****ing hate that. I often think they hate the Rangers more than they like the Devils.

You know what? I get that same vibe. I really don't mind losing to them all that much except for their reactions. Personally, it doesn't matter that it's them over another team... the loss is what sucks. But it really does seem like a lot of them, at least on HF, are insane with rage towards us. It's pretty silly at times.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
4-2 Rangers - including an empty netter. Mashinter and Asham get into a fights. Powe impresses some people. We don't see any power outages.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
4-2 Rangers - including an empty netter. Mashinter and Asham get into a fights. Powe impresses some people. We don't see any power outages.

damn... we lose Rupper and the team's at each other's throats? Our toughest guy in our line up will be... let's see... Cally's out... Prust's gone... Dubie's gone... Stu might get scratched.... so Staal?

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
You know what? I get that same vibe. I really don't mind losing to them all that much except for their reactions. Personally, it doesn't matter that it's them over another team... the loss is what sucks. But it really does seem like a lot of them, at least on HF, are insane with rage towards us. It's pretty silly at times.

Dunno what you adults are talking about... i hate losing to the Devils and the Isles. I don't mind losing to the Penguins or the Flyers as much. Losing to the Devils is the worst thing for me. It's always close, it's always stingy and a calculated game... and to lose those is like making dinner for 4 hours and dropping it on the ground.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
damn... we lose Rupper and the team's at each other's throats? Our toughest guy in our line up will be... let's see... Cally's out... Prust's gone... Dubie's gone... Stu might get scratched.... so Staal?

It's going to be a physical game. Considering last years regular season, and the tough playoff loss - I think things could boil over a bit. As far as toughness - that's what Mish and Asham are for...

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
It's going to be a physical game. Considering last years regular season, and the tough playoff loss - I think things could boil over a bit. As far as toughness - that's what Mish and Asham are for...

I was making fun of the phrasing :P but yes, it might or maybe Torts and Dah Boar should just get to center ice and duel it out.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007

Devils lose to the Rangers? They ****ing hate that. I often think they hate the Rangers more than they like the Devils. I imagine every loss has to feel like having a prostate exam conducted with a red hot cattle-prod covered in barbed wire, rotating to the tempo a "Marty" chant, while Henrik Lundqvist's piercing gaze looks down at you, passing judgement.

Disclaimer: Does not apply to all Devils fans. You know who you are.

It's true. When the Rangers are playing they post about it in real-time so much it's like they have their own GDT for us. It's hilarious. It seems like they watch more Rangers games than Devils. Can't blame them though.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
The Debbies GDT is unreal.

A pretty childish and uninventive opening post followed by two pages of ranting and bs. I mean, our gdts are usually pretty bad too (except for Loffens opening post of course), but in comparison they look like 25 pages of eloquent, balanced discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce