GDT: #9 - 02/01/21 | penguins @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG PLUS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
There's also building operations people to consider. I doubt all of them live in Midtown.
Yeah this is a complication.

Although you have to think that with potential cancellations due to Covid this season that they will try their best to play to avoid adding another cancellation.

Blueshirt13

Apr 23, 2004
Other side of the Ri
It's not like the snow took the city by storm (bad pun intended). I'd imagine if there was any fear of players, refs or ops people not being able to make it in that they stayed in hotels in Manhattan last night. As others have said, given concerns around games being cancelled because of covid, the league wants avoid any cancellations they can.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the third pairing.

Reactions: haveandare

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
So on to hockey for a minute. If shesterkin wins this game with another solid outing. Is Quinn seriously going back to georgiev Thursday against the Caps?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
So on to hockey for a minute. If shesterkin wins this game with another solid outing. Is Quinn seriously going back to georgiev Thursday against the Caps?
He shouldn't, just like he shouldn't have started Geo last game after Shesty had a good performance against BUF. Shesty is the #1 starter, and I don't know why aren't just keeping it simple as such.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah this is a complication.

Although you have to think that with potential cancellations due to Covid this season that they will try their best to play to avoid adding another cancellation.

I think they'll consider everything and make a decision.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He shouldn't, just like he shouldn't have started Geo last game after Shesty had a good performance against BUF. Shesty is the #1 starter, and I don't know why aren't just keeping it simple as such.
And going forward, I think that is what you see. I would be VERY shocked if that is not the case

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I feel they need to put kzb back together tonight. Try laf again with Strome and Panarin. Pdg howden and Kakko...lemieux Rooney Gauthier.

alkurtz

Nov 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
There was a game, I believe back in February of 1970 when there was a snowstorm and many Rangers could not make it to MSG. In those pre-Islander days, the Rangers practiced at, I think Long Beach, LI, and most players lived there. They barely had enough players to ice a team: I think Terry Sawchuck was in goal as Giacomin could not make it. I think it was against the Flyers and the game ended in a tie. I was living in the Bronx at the time, one block from the D train, a non-elevated line so it was easy to make it to the game. I have some vague memories of the game. Having a season's ticket in the old blue seats, snow was not going to stop me from going to the game.
Tonight, I would think that the Pens are staying close by. I'm not sure what the Rangers are doing, but with the snow and the pandemic, perhaps they are also holed up in a hotel near to MSG. Important that we play tonight, I hope we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad