GDT: #9 - 02/01/21 | penguins @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG PLUS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Interesting to see Petersson injured. Not surprised by it, he took an absolute beating last year. If you remember how Hajek was getting clobbered left and right, that was Peterson for the whole season last year. You take too long to make a decision or move the puck out as a defeseman, you're going to get banged up.

Joe Ranger Fan 1960

Jan 25, 2021
Jersey
Pols might shut it down if there were fans, but why would they shut this down?
Because the city has an "essential traffic only" policy in effect this morning. It takes a lot of folks to run MSG, even when it's "empty". If the pols want to send a message, which is what they seem to be doing about half the time, they may shut it down.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
I'm a Flyers supporter, but I really hope the Rangers kick the Penguins arse tonight!
I also hope you can get rid of that lunatic DeAngelo (however, I doubt any other team will be queueing up for his services)

DeAngelo at 50% retained for Frost. Or any viable NHL center.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
We're either going to see these guys come together as a result of everything that's gone on the last few days, or their going to entirely shit the bed... *if* they even play tonight.

I'm gonna side with hope for once: 4-1 Rongos.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
I'm a Flyers supporter, but I really hope the Rangers kick the Penguins arse tonight!
I also hope you can get rid of that lunatic DeAngelo (however, I doubt any other team will be queueing up for his services)

It's a long story, but as a kid my neighbor tormented me every time the Penguins scored a goal on us, and to this day I hate no team more than the Pens. It's a beautiful day when I don't have to think about that little shit wearing my team's sweater.

Reactions: Limeyjim

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Whelp. I feel like the events of the last 48 hours will either galvanize the team and they will come out a lot better, or the opposite and quinn will probably be toast soon.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Why are you so invested in having this game cancelled? Outside a COVID breakout this is as likely to be played as any other game.
If anything, given the NHLs reduction of travel due to covid, its very unlikely the game is postponed.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Why are the Pittsburgh Penguins a perpetual infirmary?

upload_2021-2-1_9-34-58.png

Joe Ranger Fan 1960

Jan 25, 2021
Jersey
Why are you so invested in having this game cancelled? Outside a COVID breakout this is as likely to be played as any other game.
It wouldn't be the first time an NHL game was postponed due to snow, albeit it may have the distinction of being the first NHL game, without fans, to be postponed/cancelled. I'm certainly invested in seeing a few mental health days for the Rangers to let this blow over a bit. It's an emotional sport and this incident is a body-blow to a team, no matter the unknown circumstances. I few days off would be just what the doctor ordered. Then they come out firing on all cylinders, all on the same page.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
It wouldn't be the first time an NHL game was postponed due to snow, albeit it may have the distinction of being the first NHL game, without fans, to be postponed/cancelled. I'm certainly invested in seeing a few mental health days for the Rangers to let this blow over a bit. It's an emotional sport and this incident is a body-blow to a team, no matter the unknown circumstances. I few days off would be just what the doctor ordered. Then they come out firing on all cylinders, all on the same page.
No, what the players need is to play a game, do their job, NOT sit around listening to all this nonsense. The league is not cancelling a game where both teams and refs are already in the city.

Joe Ranger Fan 1960

Jan 25, 2021
Jersey
No, what the players need is to play a game, do their job, NOT sit around listening to all this nonsense. The league is not cancelling a game where both teams and refs are already in the city.
You may be correct, but I think there's a good chance the city cancels it. You may also be right that the best thing to do is play. I disagree. I think they need to reset without being forced to hear questions about TDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad