vs
PIT: 4-4-1_____________NYR: 2-4-2

TIME | 7:00 PM ET
VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY
TV | MSG PLUS, NBCSN, ATTSN-PT

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; PIT@NYR 01/30/21
NY POST - DAILYFACEOFF.com - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - PENGUINS.com

FEBRUARY SCHEDULEhttps://www.nhl.com/rangers/schedule/2021-02-01/ET?icmp=int_web_nyr_schedule_lp_subnavhttps://www.nhl.com/rangers/schedule/2021-02-01/ET?icmp=int_web_nyr_schedule_lp_subnav // AROUND THE LEAGUEhttps://www.nhl.com/scoreshttps://www.nhl.com/scores

QUOTES TO NOTE:

We can sit here and feel sorry for ourselves and feel bad for the situation, result-wise and everything.
But at the end of the day, we just gotta keep going.
- Mika Zibanejad

Being on waivers is not something that you’re very happy about, Tony's one of our friends. That’s the business of the game.
It’s a little bit of a somber mood, but at the same time, you gotta be a professional.
There’s a lot of good defensemen who can definitely pick up the slack.
- Jacob Trouba

Miller continues to step in, night in and night out, and play good hockey for us.
He hasn't been an in awe of the moment; not in awe of the opposition, regardless of who he’s out there against.
There's an awful lot to like about his game.
- David Quinn

___________________________________​

11 Pts
DIV: 4th | CONF: x | LEAGUE: 12th
TEAM STATS | PLAYER STATS

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
GUENTZEL | CROSBY (C) | RUST
ZUCKER | MALKIN (A) | KAPANEN
MCCANN | BLUEGER | TANEV
O'CONNOR | JANKOWSKI | LAFFERTY

LD | RD
JOSEPH | MARINO
RUHWEDEL | CECI
CZUCZMAN | WEBER

Scratched:
SCEVIOUR

STARTING GOALIE:

DeSmith-Casey_2019_.png

Casey DESMITH
GPI: 4 | W: 3 | L: 0 | OT: 0 | PIM: 0
SV% .875 | GAA: 3.05 | SA: 96 | GA: 12 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Kris Letang - Undisclosed (DTD)
Mike Matheson - Upper body (Out)
Brian Dumoulin - Lower body (Out)
Marcus Pettersson - Upper body (IR)
Jusso Riikola - Upper body (Out)
Evan Rodrigues - Lower body (IR)
Zach Aston-Reese - Shoulder (IR)

6 Pts
DIV: 8th | CONF: x | LEAGUE: 28th
TEAM STATS | PLAYER STATS

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
LAFRENIERE | ZIBANEJAD (A) | BUCHNEVICH
PANARIN (A) | STROME | KAKKO
KREIDER (A) | HOWDEN | GAUTHIER
LEMIEUX | ROONEY | DI GIUSEPPE

LD | RD

LINDGREN | FOX
MILLER | TROUBA (A)
SMITH | BITETTO

Scratched:

STARTING GOALIE:

Shesterkin-Igor.png

Igor SHESTERKIN
GPI: 5 | W: 1 | L: 2 | OT: 1 | PIM: 0
SV% 0.894 | GAA: 2.73 | SA: 113 | GA: 12 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Colin Blackwell - Upper body (DTD)
Jack Johnson - Groin (DTD)
Filip Chytil - Upper body (Out)

zibapfffffft.gif

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Fingers crossed it's not postponed! Hockey on a snowy night would be perfect! Hopefully all the Ranger's stayed in a hotel by MSG, going to be a nightmare trying to get into the city tomorrow afternoon.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Fingers crossed it's not postponed! Hockey on a snowy night would be perfect! Hopefully all the Ranger's stayed in a hotel by MSG, going to be a nightmare trying to get into the city tomorrow afternoon.

IF they don't play, I honestly wouldn't care.

If they do and it would hasten getting rid of Quinn, I hope they get throttled. That dumb shit needs to go.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
IF they don't play, I honestly wouldn't care.

If they do and it would hasten getting rid of Quinn, I hope they get throttled. That dumb shit needs to go.
I don’t think I can ever cheer for this team to lose. Couldn’t when they were tanking and I can’t now.

hopefully they can put the distraction behind them and put together a long winning streak! LGR!

Reactions: JaeTM and Sooth

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don’t think I can ever cheer for this team to lose. Couldn’t when they were tanking and I can’t now.

hopefully they can put the distraction behind them and put together a long winning streak! LGR!

In most cases, I'd root for the guy who is already here to figure it out. I have less than no faith in him being able to do so. He's at post ECSF level AV for me.

If this were a PLD situation where that was clearly a dark cloud hanging over the team, sure. This wasn't that. We have a coach who is literally treating regular season games like they're pre season games (his comments on why Geo got the start the other night were mystifying), took 7 games to make a change to a PP unit that clearly wasn't working and made roster decisions this week which directly led to 2 losses. They should have 5 or a clean sweep of all 6 points instead of the 3 that they have.

They've looked pretty listless even when they're "controlling" the game. DeAngelo probably hit Georgiev more times after the last game than the Rangers as a team have hit their opponents this year.

Reactions: leetch99

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Maybe we can start with throwing some punches at the Penguins.

The best thing that can galvanize this team right now in the current situation is a Pens players throws a dirty hit on one of our guys. Brawl ensues. The team hugs it out between periods. We pot 5 in the third.

Joe Ranger Fan 1960

Jan 25, 2021
Jersey
The timing of this storm is perfect. Hopefully the game gets postponed, same tomorrow, the sports media gets locked out of MSG while the weather people get all the attention on TV. Meanwhile the Rangers buy some time to get their story straight on why they let this leadership vacuum get out of control culminating with the immature angry young man (?) wagging the dog.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
The timing of this storm is perfect. Hopefully the game gets postponed, same tomorrow, the sports media gets locked out of MSG while the weather people get all the attention on TV. Meanwhile the Rangers buy some time to get their story straight on why they let this leadership vacuum get out of control culminating with the immature angry young man (?) wagging the dog.

Why would it be postponed? There has been days to prepare. It's snow not lava.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Let’s go for broke

Funny thing is our record would be swapped with Pittsburgh if the Rangers beat them all three times like we very well could have. But bad teams find all kinds of ways to lose, so..

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Please — for all that is Holy and Mighty in this world, keep this thread game-related and realistic.

6-2 Rongos.

Zbad+Panarin dominate this game.

And Miller gets into a fight and literally cuts off his opponents head and eats it in front of all 0 fans in attendance and 16 camera men.
If one of those cameramen have a kid... the news will break shortly after the game

Reactions: Kupo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->