OT: 85th Obsequious Banter Thread: Pelle Lindbergh Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Figure I post it here but I officially have the new ID.4 from VW (electric car). Living in NJ, the $7500 federal credit + the $5,000 state credit made this an EASY choice. Literally $12,500 right off MSRP. Drives awesome and has some really nice qualities too it. Highly suggest if someone was looking into an electric car but didnt want to pay premium pricing. I made sure to lease though since I wanted the option to walk away or upgrade in 3 years (or just keep).
How long have you had it? I havent heard good things on the VW electrics ability and ease of charging and was wondering your thoughts. Tesla is way ahead of the game when it comes to charging it seems

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Blizzard confirms developer named in lawsuit was removed for “misconduct”

I love that the lawsuit keeps referring to the "Crosby" Suite. Nope, that's where Pierre lures his victims.

I saw so many Blizzard fanboys/defenders rallying about how the picture was from a convention in 2013 which was a year before the Cosby stuff came out... Forgetting that Cosby had already been in the news in 2005/2006 with allegations and that he settled the civil suit. People knew **** about him then. There's no reason to have a Bill Cosby picture with tons of alcohol and talking about bringing back women to hook up with if they aren't referencing what was known about him.

It sounds like it was a really ***** place to work beyond this as well. I say this as someone who was been into computers for a long time. I ran a BBS for several years in the early 90s when in high school. Then was in a few different IT departments before just getting too frustrated with people.

When you have nerdy/dorky/whatever you want to term people who suddenly get to run things. Sometimes you get the goofy good and sometimes you get the frustrated now we get revenge types.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I saw so many Blizzard fanboys/defenders rallying about how the picture was from a convention in 2013 which was a year before the Cosby stuff came out... Forgetting that Cosby had already been in the news in 2005/2006 with allegations and that he settled the civil suit. People knew **** about him then. There's no reason to have a Bill Cosby picture with tons of alcohol and talking about bringing back women to hook up with if they aren't referencing what was known about him.

It sounds like it was a really ***** place to work beyond this as well. I say this as someone who was been into computers for a long time. I ran a BBS for several years in the early 90s when in high school. Then was in a few different IT departments before just getting too frustrated with people.

When you have nerdy/dorky/whatever you want to term people who suddenly get to run things. Sometimes you get the goofy good and sometimes you get the frustrated now we get revenge types.
Even worse was the girl that got driven to suicide after her boss hooked up with her and then passed pictures of her vagina around the office. Guys like that make me wish Hell was real.

On a happier subject, my friends and I were on a gaming BBS back in the day. That's where we met our friend who is now a professional lighting tech for some major bands and tours. The rest of the gang, no clue where they ended up. Good old nights of coffee, smokes, and discussing what Doom 2 mods we wanted to get running.

Reactions: Flybynite

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
My Volt is still going strong but was interested in the VW. I think in another 3 years I will be in the market for another EV and the options should be pretty considerable since industry is phasing out the combustion engine particularly in Europe but really the entire world. Can't see myself going back to a non EV vehicle.

Btw I like the Volvo and Audi options..

Thats prob a good idea and why I decided to lease also. Alot of options in 3 years. I just was literally getting so much value out of my used car and with the payment plan over the next 3 years, the per month was exactly the same. Difference is I dont have to fix anything.

How long have you had it? I havent heard good things on the VW electrics ability and ease of charging and was wondering your thoughts. Tesla is way ahead of the game when it comes to charging it seems

I have had it about 3 weeks. No issues. I have the Pro version but I made sure to get it. I was doing months of research before I pulled the trigger. The First Editions & S's especially with the larger screen in the middle, was the one with a ton of issues. Other than a bug here and there its been smooth. Like for instance I had once where it was saying there was a electrical system error. What it was, was the seatbelt not plugged in caused an error that cleared after i turned off the car and turned it back one. Only happened once. They checked the car for any errors last weekend (2 week checkup) and no behind the scene errors displayed.

My dealer even steered me away from the S & FE's. While they are literally 100% better than when this released in April, there are still some issues on those versions with the software. But VW has been sending out weekly updates to fix it all which has really worked well.

Overall I can recommend. It drives amazing and even the base version has some really cool tech. I highlllly suggest leasing for in 3 years (if both credits are still available) you can use the credits again. And there will be many more electric cars & you dont have to worry about anything if something goes wrong with your current car.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Thats prob a good idea and why I decided to lease also. Alot of options in 3 years. I just was literally getting so much value out of my used car and with the payment plan over the next 3 years, the per month was exactly the same. Difference is I dont have to fix anything.

I have had it about 3 weeks. No issues. I have the Pro version but I made sure to get it. I was doing months of research before I pulled the trigger. The First Editions & S's especially with the larger screen in the middle, was the one with a ton of issues. Other than a bug here and there its been smooth. Like for instance I had once where it was saying there was a electrical system error. What it was, was the seatbelt not plugged in caused an error that cleared after i turned off the car and turned it back one. Only happened once. They checked the car for any errors last weekend (2 week checkup) and no behind the scene errors displayed.

My dealer even steered me away from the S & FE's. While they are literally 100% better than when this released in April, there are still some issues on those versions with the software. But VW has been sending out weekly updates to fix it all which has really worked well.

Overall I can recommend. It drives amazing and even the base version has some really cool tech. I highlllly suggest leasing for in 3 years (if both credits are still available) you can use the credits again. And there will be many more electric cars & you dont have to worry about anything if something goes wrong with your current car.
I dont get why theyd still go ahead with the release of those cars before they were ready. Doesn't inspire confidence in a new technology!

I am not in the market for an electric car, I just love cars and discussing them. An ID4 just passed me on a bike ride the other day and I thought it looked cool. Much more impressive than the terrible BMW designs of late. I have to get a 3 row SUV for my wife soon which likely means getting rid of one of my cars :(

Reactions: sa cyred

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
This user list at the top of the forum home page where all the threads are listed us a real great feature isn't it? Totally necessary to put that at the top of the page

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
228094908_240544514583657_836740767911932272_n.jpg

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I didn’t know LeVar only was doing 1 week. Figured it was 2. Shame. He really was mostly great after he got into a groove. Have to understand: it’s only 1 day of filming.

Now, David Faber (allegedly a real person) and then Joe Buck to wrap up the guest hosting? Good lord. Hardest of passes.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Jungle Cruise looks like a mess

I haven't watched, and don't plan to. A ride at a theme park isn't really a fantastic premise for a movie.

Which makes me think of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. They got stupider as time went on, but the first one is a legitimately solid film. That flick had no right to be as good as it was.

The fact that the soundtrack f***ing slaps helped a ton.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I haven't watched, and don't plan to. A ride at a theme park isn't really a fantastic premise for a movie.

Which makes me think of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. They got stupider as time went on, but the first one is a legitimately solid film. That flick had no right to be as good as it was.

The fact that the soundtrack f***ing slaps helped a ton.

2nd one is good too thanks to Davey Jones

The rest suck though

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Last pic, what’s with the thin wood in the grout lines on the brick
I think they glued them first and the wood is holding them in place while they set and then will be using grout or something.

Or at least that’s what I’ve been assuming.

They’re going to be putting shelves there too so maybe that has something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad