landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Finished (fancy realtor pics)
1BABC346-C8E9-4F36-B1E3-0499EE4959E6.jpeg
1D85BDF3-AC9E-40FE-AF10-6593F19FFA53.jpeg
33E9B8EE-3E24-4414-A3EE-F0FD00BEB0E9.jpeg

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
No Thomas the Tank Engine toy on the train table smh. And didn't turn the space under the stairs into Harry's room under the staircase from Harry Potter.
Haha There is a Thomas toy, but it wasn't out for the pictures. The pictures are in no way an accurate representation of what the basement looked like with kids playing in it (roughly 3200% more toys out at all times).

I am emotionally scared from that Harry Potter room. I planned to make just a simple storage closet, but the wife spent too much time on pinterest. I have a problem with just taking the easy way out with the reno's so of course I made it a sick ass room for the kiddos. I spent way too much time over engineering that place. That bitch had a seat with custom storage, a shelf system from HD I customized to fit for books/toys, window with flower basket, dimmable LED lighting, LED color strip all around the top of the room that could change 40 colors, cedar shingles, seats for reading, and a chalkboard wall.

Well in reality, the kids constantly left all the lights on, they played in it twice before we moved out, my 2 year old at the time turned every wall into a chalkboard wall, toys were just shoved everywhere they could be fit.

The icing on the cake was when we moved into the new house and I turned an extra bedroom into their new playroom...my oldest comes up to me all sad and says, this house is stupid I miss my playhouse in the basement.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
Signed the soon to be 3rd grader up for home schooling next year yesterday. I can start anytime I want and everything goes to our local school district ( grades, attendance, etc...). Started with some refresher stuff this afternoon and it was worse then pulling teeth to get him to pay attention. I told him if he doesn't want to cooperate, then he will get re-signed up and go back into regular school instead.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Signed the soon to be 3rd grader up for home schooling next year yesterday. I can start anytime I want and everything goes to our local school district ( grades, attendance, etc...). Started with some refresher stuff this afternoon and it was worse then pulling teeth to get him to pay attention. I told him if he doesn't want to cooperate, then he will get re-signed up and go back into regular school instead.

Pump him full of espresso

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Basement update:

They finished the flooring besides behind the bar and installed the front bar countertop. Also removed most of the wood stuff that was talked about before.

They just have to do some shelves behind the bar and that’s about it for the big things. Just need to put another coat or two of paint and put the finishing touches on the electric.

DE302A78-844C-48C6-ACE2-F6415FAE69CC.jpeg
CA429CBE-3852-444B-9F25-1B9824CF463E.jpeg
3E281C6D-C1A6-4E01-B097-1BEE1F9272E0.jpeg
4D9EDFA8-89D1-44EA-BCBE-629C42506D2C.jpeg

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Basement update:

They finished the flooring besides behind the bar and installed the front bar countertop. Also removed most of the wood stuff that was talked about before.

They just have to do some shelves behind the bar and that’s about it for the big things. Just need to put another coat or two of paint and put the finishing touches on the electric.

View attachment 458865 View attachment 458866 View attachment 458867 View attachment 458868
How hard will you party down there?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Basement update:

View attachment 458865 View attachment 458866 View attachment 458867 View attachment 458868

I was gonna ask when ypu were gonna invite me over to watch a game, but I already know the answer is 2023.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
How hard will you party down there?

Moderately.

I was gonna ask when ypu were gonna invite me over to watch a game, but I already know the answer is 2023.

Don't tell anyone but i'm currently in negotiations with NBC about having the next phase of the Quackverse draft broadcasted from there. That's top secret information.

I also couldn't help that there was a pandemic during the time where we crossed paths IRL. I will subject you to at least one Flyers game this season at the stadium.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Moderately.

Don't tell anyone but i'm currently in negotiations with NBC about having the next phase of the Quackverse draft broadcasted from there. That's top secret information.

I also couldn't help that there was a pandemic during the time where we crossed paths IRL. I will subject you to at least one Flyers game this season at the stadium.

He must really hate you, @Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Moderately.

Oh, I meant 2023 since I have no intent of watching Flyers this season - that wasn't a Shot at you, and me casually taking PS5s off your porch during the night as our interaction, lol.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yesterday the Child had to ask that we turn Spirited Away off because I think it got too weird and intense to handle for her age; she's the kind of kid who will run off and hide during scenes with a lot of action, because it's a lot to process.

Tonight she asked that we turn it back on, but start from the beginning since she already knows it. She's shouting advice to the characters. Eventually she'll make it through the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->