GDT: #82 | Rangers at FLYERS | Sat., Apr. 7, 2018, 3:00 pm ET | NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Dave just stares at the wall for his pregame/intermission speeches.

dave-hakstol-d8b1b68144fae251.jpg

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Not one peep about G sitting on 99 points but a slobbing fest about Hall on NHL network, not surprised but you think they would make a mention

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Clarke was the most clutch player I've seen in Hockey, much like MJ in basketball but not nearly as talented, Clarkie did it on pure will, if there was 5 seconds left in the O-zone and one goal down, you didn't leave the TV set, b/c you knew Clarke would win the faceoff and get it back to Leach.

These were the days before all the fancy monitoring equipment, when he'd just shoot up in the locker room between periods (he's diabetic).

If we're lucky, Frost is the next Rick MacLeish.

I remember reading that in his early years, Clarke would drink a Coke with added sugar between periods to prevent hypoglycemia.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Didn't hear about it until reading this thread, so it's probably been mentioned a million times, but what do you do if you're the other team (who was up 3-1 in the series)? You'd want nothing more than to quit the playoffs, thinking they might have come back and it's just ****ed up to advance, but then someone says "you know they'd want you to play on", is there even a response to that? I can't imagine any.
Honestly I have no clue

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
This is a good Flyer team with a solid core. If they don't make the playoffs that would be an instant firing of the coach. If they don't win a round he should be fired as well.

This is a great core with really bad support cast wrapped in a weird coaching.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
When Jeff sees a Coke machine, he doesn't smash it - he calmly slides in a buffalo nickel and waits for his pop.

The only scenario I can imagine is Jeff pointing at the Coke machine during intermission... Sliding the nickel in slowly, patiently waiting for the can to come out while saying: "See, that is a well put together machine. Everything has a purpose there. Look at those buttons, at all those springs that slowly push the can where you need it. I want you guys to be the springs. We are the Coke machine. Thank you and lets do it please maybe" *stare*

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Wow what a powerful image, those kids holding hands in the hospital, hit me right in the feels

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
Jeez... Ville Nieminen / Finnish broadcast: "(Flyers) have three lines that can score". And then they talk about how Flyers have played all their three goalies evenly...

@Captain Dave Poulin I would take NBC and Pierre and whoever 100 times out of 100 than these guys...

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad