GDT: #82 | Rangers at FLYERS | Sat., Apr. 7, 2018, 3:00 pm ET | NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
The problem won't be the coach, it'll be the players.

They know how they should play, but especially with the kids, when the other team is playing fast and loose, it's hard to resist the temptation to try and force a play. Because they got used to playing that way in junior hockey. And it's more fun.

I don't know if some of the personnel really do know how to play at the NHL level.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Everyone has a plugger they love for some reason. Podein was my guy.
Yeah there is a certain selflessness and almost nobility to players who block a ton of shots and kill penalties while never getting the glory of cashing in offensively, or really even the glory of fighting and hitting a lot. Robbie Dimaio was another one from that era (though Shjon was the king).

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They know how to play, some of the younger players tend to get out of control, some like Manning and Voracek are prone to mind farts, and some like MacDonald and Filppula and Lehtera know what to do, they just can't always physically do it. But that holds true for most teams, even the better teams in the league have a half dozen players who are marginal talents.

Fans here are hypercritical of this team, given the talent, especially the goal tending, if they win today that's a pretty darn good season.
If Neuvirth stayed healthy for a couple more weeks this team would have ended up with 100+ points, which makes them one of the better teams in the league.

The whole season has been pretty similar, any game when a Flyer goalie plays as well (not better) than the opposing goalie, the Flyers have a good opportunity to win, and in fact, have won the majority of those games.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’m sick to my stomach over this game. I just know they’re giving up a bad goal off the bat. The child who believed in the tooth fairy still wants to believe, but the 38 year old lifelong Flyers fan knows the goaltending is going to be it. It’s going to be as crushing as when I was supposed to coach Donte DiVincenzo in 8th grade CYO and he decided to play AAU at the last second.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Not to me, given the debacle in goal, getting 98 points is one heck of a season.
Two years ago, Mason and Neuvirth carried a mediocre team into the playoffs.
That team wasn't nearly as talented as this team.

Since it's much easier to replace goalies than 18 starters, I figure that's progress.

Reactions: explosive skating

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
I’m sick to my stomach over this game. I just know they’re giving up a bad goal off the bat. The child who believed in the tooth fairy still wants to believe, but the 38 year old lifelong Flyers fan knows the goaltending is going to be it. It’s going to be as crushing as when I was supposed to coach Donte DiVincenzo in 8th grade CYO and he decided to play AAU at the last second.
But we also have G, Jake, Coots, Provy who can clean the s*** up.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017

My heart still races when I watch this even if I know the outcome. Can't believe it was 8 years ago already.

Fun to watch that again.

Danny, G and Boosh; très formidable!

And I had forgotten that the final save was against Olli.

200.gif

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Yup, and if we lose by 2 goals and Florida wins both in the shootout, that's when we get the 1 game play-in.

Interesting.

I was wondering what the odds of that happening were. Have to be less than 1%?

Then I remembered that it would be an extra revenue event for the League, a really hot ticket and Uncle Gary would just love it.

So, the odds of it happening are probably 50/50. :naughty:

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
we are winning, resting they're best players are devils and jackets so they losing. We face pens in round1

Reactions: BernieParent

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Fourteen killed in Canadian hockey team bus crash: media

Also Ron Hextall played in the SJHL not sure what team though

'' The Saskatchewan league is a feeder system for higher levels of hockey with many graduating to play at US and Canadian colleges and major junior league level, while some go on to the National Hockey League. Former NHL players like defenseman Chris Chelios, goaltender Ron Hextall, forward Rod Brind'Amour and hall of fame goaltender Glenn Hall all played in the SJHL."

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Doesn't matter who we play, either we find a hot goalie or we're road kill.
Just look at two years ago when Mason laid an egg, then Neuvirth almost stole the series from Washington.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad