GDT: #82 | Rangers at FLYERS | Sat., Apr. 7, 2018, 3:00 pm ET | NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Jaxon Joseph, son of former Flyers defensemen Chris Joseph, is among the 14 fatalities. This tragedy will touch many organizations in various ways I imagine. :cry:

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
This needs to have a playoff feel, leave it all out there. Everyone needs to be involved today. If Simmonds can come out and have an impact on the game it would be huge.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
We usually have a harder time against lower tier opponents tbh
My hope is that usual is the key word here, and this isn't the usual situation. I can see the leadership - and by leadership I mean the guys in hockey jerseys - willing this one to happen and maybe getting the Rags to a state of capitulation through that force of will. I think we'll be all over them.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
This is horrible, my thoughts go out to the families involved
Didn't hear about it until reading this thread, so it's probably been mentioned a million times, but what do you do if you're the other team (who was up 3-1 in the series)? You'd want nothing more than to quit the playoffs, thinking they might have come back and it's just f***ed up to advance, but then someone says "you know they'd want you to play on", is there even a response to that? I can't imagine any.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
I honestly wish you luck tonight. Beat the Rangers and get in the Playoffs, just like you guys deserve after a strong season.
strong season? we were climbing against the capitals and then all of sudden we drop to the second wild card spot, to collapse like that despite making it in and getting knocked out, there's more questions than answers that has to be addressed in the offseason because that's not how you want the season to end.

if not, then next season will probably be alot worse than media and fans think because it's happened to alot of teams that were in the playoffs last year and completely collapsed the next season because the gms were in over their heads.

Reactions: hatcher

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
strong season? we were climbing against the capitals and then all of sudden we drop to the second wild card spot, to collapse like that despite making it in and getting knocked out, there's more questions than answers that has to be addressed in the offseason because that's not how you want the season to end.

That is not for me to judge, but if you have more points than Florida, than you're in the playoffs, that is all that matters today. I've been a fan of Giroux since I watched him play a few times here in Germany during the lockout. Great player and great guy as well. Unless it's against the Devils, I will always wish him just the best. And as for NP, I also want to see him succeed.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Didn't hear about it until reading this thread, so it's probably been mentioned a million times, but what do you do if you're the other team (who was up 3-1 in the series)? You'd want nothing more than to quit the playoffs, thinking they might have come back and it's just ****ed up to advance, but then someone says "you know they'd want you to play on", is there even a response to that? I can't imagine any.

Not that it matter, but Nipawin was a dominant team and not even sure how Broncos could play.
Sadly I imagine it will be a forfeit and the playoffs will continue.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I wish STL had lost yesterday

I’d rather they lose today then lose yesterday!

Dallas couldn’t of caught them anyways, and Florida still may pass them. Either way if they are one pick below Florida, I’m guessing Florida takes a D and the forward that would of been available will hopefully still be available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad