Post-Game Talk: #82 | Hurricanes 4 at FLYERS 3 (SO, won 2-1) | Sun., April 9, 2017

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Voracek continually disappoints me. The guy oozes talent but rarely ever brings it.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
What a bleh season. Pick 13th, miss the playoffs, none of the kids get called up until the season is done to change that. Hakstol shot himself in the foot over and over again until Hextall forced him to play some young players too late and (surprise!) they did better. And the chances of him coming away with any lessons learned are probably slim.

Does nothing for the present, nothing for the future, and just to make it better, the games were for the most part boring to watch.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
My new team is the Penguins because the Flyers are due for a lifetime of mediocrity after missing out on the 10th pick

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
"The writing's on the wall, my last game as a Flyer...fun and emotional last game."

Del Zotto on post-game radio.

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
I hope other teams don't read our game day threads. Literally wasting 3 hours of your life to hope we lose for a better draft pick. I get that may be better for the future, but to moan and whine after a Flyers scores a goal you look like a complete loser'

Cheers to a good offseason & I'm excited for next year

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
What a gross season. Pick 13th, miss the playoffs, none of the kids get called up until the season is done to change that. Hakstol shot himself in the foot over and over again until Hextall forced him to play some young players and (surprise!) they did better. And the chances of him coming away with any lessons are probably slim.

Does nothing for the present, nothing for the future, and just to make it better, the games were for the most part boring and terrible to watch.

Only thing I hope for, is Hexy recognizes he can't have multiple VDV PEB types as Haks loves those types. I hope he sees and knows how good the kids are and doesn't sign any UFA s other than in goal.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
What a bleh season. Pick 13th, miss the playoffs, none of the kids get called up until the season is done to change that. Hakstol shot himself in the foot over and over again until Hextall forced him to play some young players and (surprise!) they did better. And the chances of him coming away with any lessons are probably slim.

Does nothing for the present, nothing for the future, and just to make it better, the games were for the most part boring to watch.
Yep, outside of Provorov, this was a complete crap season.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Draft day we will see if it made a difference.....then it will be another 5-6 years after that to really see if it made a difference.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
A disasterous end to a disasterous season. This is easilly the worst season since the 07 one.

Gonna be a long 6 months.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Del Zotto:

"The closest group I have ever played with (this season's Flyers' team). It is going to be sad to leave here... between the prospects coming up, the way I was handled this year...just finished my eighth season...I love being here and I wanted to stay but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. I cherish my three years here."

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I'm really sad I had to miss this game.

What exactly did I miss

Well, mostly you missed Robert Hagg playing a really good, strong overall game. Strong on D, joined the rush numerous times, nice outlet passes - just a really impressive debut. If he's not ready for the NHL, I don't know who is.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Draft day we will see if it made a difference.....then it will be another 5-6 years after that to really see if it made a difference.

And that post right there is a perfect explanation to not lose sleep over it. Hexy has given us zero reason to question his drafting ability.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I still don't get how this team won 10 in a row and missed the playoffs.

It isn't obvious? This team sucks and got on a lucky streak. I'm not sure how anyone who watched part of this season thought they were going to make the playoffs.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Del Zotto:

"The closest group I have ever played with (this season's Flyers' team). It is going to be sad to leave here... between the prospects coming up, the way I was handled this year...just finished my eighth season...I love being here and I wanted to stay but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. I cherish my three years here."
Almost makes me feel for him. Seems to be a great guy off the ice, but so inconsistent on the ice...

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Del Zotto:

I really liked Del Zotto's game last year, but he was lost this year.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
For anyone thinking it makes no difference....

Would you be saying that if we picked 3 away from Provorov? Giroux?

3 picks could easily be the difference between a franchise altering player being there or not. Every pick matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad