Post-Game Talk: #82 | Hurricanes 4 at FLYERS 3 (SO, won 2-1) | Sun., April 9, 2017

torkad frukt

Mar 8, 2013
I believe Hägg is the kind of player who thrives when put into a more structured, elaborate system. It happened in Sweden while playing amongst men as a teenager and it may be similar in the NHL next season.

The AHL style of play is more of the run-and-gun type, more based on individual effort and flashy play and it's tough to play a structured game alongside the TJ Brennans of this world.

I'm pretty sure I read him comment on that sometime during the season. How he prefers a more structured game, like he played in in Sweden and also during WJC.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I'm pretty sure I read him comment on that sometime during the season. How he prefers a more structured game, like he played in in Sweden and also during WJC.

He has said that before. Prior to the draft several of the scouting reports I read made the comment that he "thinks the game" very well. Not surprising of someone who has said that he patterned his game after Nick Lidstrom.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I only caught about half, but man I really liked what I saw. He's a good size, strong, moved nicely. Wasn't afraid to jump into the play.

Between him and Morin's debut. It was a nice way to end the season. And to think the two "better" ones we didn't see yet.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I only caught about half, but man I really liked what I saw. He's a good size, strong, moved nicely. Wasn't afraid to jump into the play.

Between him and Morin's debut. It was a nice way to end the season. And to think the two "better" ones we didn't see yet.

I know, can't wait to see Hogberg and Friedman! LOL!

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016

I was at the game, focused on Hagg's play, he did good in his 1st NHL game, he wasn't leading the plays or anything but I wouldn't expect him to lead the team up the ice or drive the plays in his 1st game in the NHL, he is a very smooth skater, and he made simple smart passes. Kinda almost left me wanting to see more of Hagg next season.
Also very impressed with the season that Ivan Provorov had. He looked like a seasoned vet even though he's only a rookie, with more experience he's going to be the beast in the east for a long time.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
At least we know that Weise could be the player we expected him to be. Disappointing season outside of Provorov and Konecny. I am still very excited for the future, no reason not to be. Hoping for a long Phantoms run in the play-offs.

Schenn (79 games) and Giroux (82) finished with only 3 pts difference, who would've thought that at the start of the season...

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
At least we know that Weise could be the player we expected him to be. Disappointing season outside of Provorov and Konecny. I am still very excited for the future, no reason not to be.

Schenn (79 games) and Giroux (82) finished with only 3 pts difference, who would've thought that at the start of the season...

I am trying to focus on the fact that we have now endured 2 of these terrible seasons we knew were coming and gotten them out of the way. Next season will hopefully be better to watch. I'm looking forward to not complaining about our defense as much - I'd much rather talk about the good things our players do (which might be hard to believe at this point lol).

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I get people are mad about dropping the draft spot, but we were supposed to be a playoff team anyway this year. This pick is better than we should have gotten. We wouldn't have won anything in thr metro playoffs.

It does stink to have the top 3 % halve, but outside of that it's not a big deal. Same as saying we could have gotten 8, but ended up with 11. It's all relative!

This team is just not a tanking franchise like the pens or oilers. It's what makes them a good one. As Mase said you may as well call it an original 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad